Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dinky TV for PalmOS

Just received the following note from Mike Browne from www.bigredshoes.com . They are producing shorts for watching on a Palm device, with weekly animated comedy feature that seem to include such topics as poking fun at celebrity interviews. They will cost $1.99 each. No indication of DRM constraints, and it seems like they may be simple mpeg4 encodings without burdensome restrictions.

I'm sending you this note to announce the launch of DinkyTV.com.
We offer 2-3 minute animated mini shows specifically designed for the Palm device. Here is the DinkyMovie line-up.
  • DinkyNews - a whacked news show with slick-haired announcers and super hot news babes
  • DinkyTV - misc. animated short films
  • DinkyStories - original children's stories
Check out this article on ConsumerElectronicsnet.com. There is a full description and a demo.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yet another silly marketplace idea. Have they heard of Kinoma and Google Video?
Advert
Old 06-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah, I think I agree with your point if I understand right. What you're saying is that there are a lot of other options out there to get some good video on a pda. That's very true. So I guess this is just one more!

They are banking, I think, on the fact that they are doing quality animation and you'll get hooked on it, so you won't mind the relatively low weekly cost. Remember that this is probably for those people that just want something cool and easy, so it might be just right. Eventually it will be marketed to regular cell phone users when phones can play the videos. You know... the ring tone crowd that doesn't do much else with their phone. Or for now, the pda users that go, "Wow, I didn't know you could do that!"

I'm not sure what Google Video gives you, though. Isn't that just a beta search engine, that provides screenshots?

And, believe it or not, Kinoma Player is actually what they recommend you use to watch the videos instead of the default free player.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
StuBear
StuBear began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus SL-C1000
If you want good (usually ) quality animation to watch pass the time on your PDA then head over to Machinima.

The people here are doing amazing stuff - Check out Red Vs Blue, The Strangerhood, and A Great & Majestic Empire for some laughs.

Best of all they are free!

Stu