Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
eReader 2.61 for Pocket PC released!

It is true: Motricity has finally managed to release an update of eReader for Pocket PC. The best news first: eReader 2.61 has native VGA support! Other changes since eReader 2.43 include:

- Added RSVP (Rapid Serial Visual Presentation)
- Improved reference book character support
- Dictionary opens with no word selected by default
- Improved Bookshelf scrolling
- VGA and Landscape support
- Updated libpng and zlib libraries to fix security issues
- Improved reference book performance
- Improved Setup program
- Bug fixes

As a small special one, use the Promo Code CLUTTER this week to receive a 10% discount off each book that you purchase at eReader.com
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thank you for the heads up, Colin!

RSVP sounds interesting too. Check out this PDF file for more details. Can anyone explain this to me how this technique can be used in an e-book reader?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm curious how that RSVP is done on eReader also. Certainly dragging a scroll bar is not sufficient, even if it's accompanied by glimpses on content. (Doesn't Windows do something like that also?) I think you really need finer control of location and scroll speed, and you need to have some way of catching headings with some nearby sample content with it.

But I see the need for it. That's so true that I usually rifle through a new book before spending much time with the table of contents. That extra example content you see is more important somehow for getting the gist of what's in there.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The RSVP allows reading without using any controls. You'll see 2 or 3 arge words somewhere at the top of the screen at a time. I don't think it is useful in general unless you have some particular problems with your vision.

The VGA support is great!! Now Mobipocket has to hurry up, it is the last dinosaur e-book reader still not supporting VGA devices ;(
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 AM   #5
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
Nothing better than a little competitive pressure to spice things up.
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #6
PDADoc
PDADoc began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S III; Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I have a question: I have been using WordSmith with my Tungsten T5 and MS Reader with my hx2750 & hx4700, and I have probably about 120 titles for each platform.

I have been thinking about migrating to eReader Pro now that it supports VGA, but I wanted to know if I could use the books that I created for WordSmith? They're in .pdb format and wanted to know how much work might be involved in converting all those titles, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Any information is appreciated!
PDADoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:13 AM   #7
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If you save your WordSmith documents in normal Palm Doc (ebook) format, eReader Pro should not have a problem with it.

I suggest you download the trial and give it a try.

Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDADoc
I have a question: I have been using WordSmith with my Tungsten T5 and MS Reader with my hx2750 & hx4700, and I have probably about 120 titles for each platform.

I have been thinking about migrating to eReader Pro now that it supports VGA, but I wanted to know if I could use the books that I created for WordSmith? They're in .pdb format and wanted to know how much work might be involved in converting all those titles, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Any information is appreciated!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote