Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 01-19-2005, 08:47 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
WebToGo 4.3 released

German company WebToGo Mobiles Internet has released a new version of its "high-speed" browser WebToGo for Pocket PC. V4.3 adds Pocket PC 2003 support, a new database and improved functionality (whatever that means).

Keep in mind that WebToGo is a browser-server solution: The WebToGo server acts as a proxy for all pages that you visit, claiming three times the normal speed and a superior page-layout to conventional browsers. Registration is USD $33.00 per year.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Red face Wow (that's sarcasm)

$33 per year for what Plucker gives you for free.
Advert
Old 01-31-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Quite apart from the subscription, WebToGo is inferior to WebPro. It displays less well and you use up more precious kilobytes because (a) the page doesn't display at all until completely downloaded, graphics and all, and (b) when you go back it does a complete redownload instead of using cached data.

Despite all that, I'm actually using WTG to send this because on WebPro MobileRead crashes my T3. Also WTG handles forms better.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Are you using the mobile interface on MR?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
BasilC
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Are you using the mobile interface on MR?
Before I can use the mobile interface I have to log in on the main interface, which tends to cause a soft reset.
Advert
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Roger that. I crashed three times posting earlier (fingers xed now) using webpro. That's actually why I read this thread, curious about WTG...
Old 02-02-2005, 03:03 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilC
Before I can use the mobile interface I have to log in on the main interface, which tends to cause a soft reset.
Not that your software should reset displaying any kind of html, I know that there is still room for improvement regarding mobile support of MR (like a mobile-friendly version of the frontpage. I am going to work on this soon.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
BasilC
Zealot

It would be nice to be able to log in directly on the Mobile version.

Re the crashes, I think it's something near the top of the index page that disagrees with WebPro. But my T3 is crammed with applications and crashes a lot anyway.

Re WTG, one of the few ways that it's better is handling of forms, like the one I'm writing in now.

What about other browsers? Is Blazer any good?
Old 02-04-2005, 03:07 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Have you tried Netfront? I don't know about Palm OS, but on Pocket PC this is a very decent online browser.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:41 AM   #10
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Is NF available for Palm? I thought it was only PPC and Symbian.