Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
And Now: A Treo Store

Can't get enough of the new Treo's? palmOne is banking that they've been so popular that they gave the smartphone its own store. The first ever Treo Store opened on Monday at the Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, California and will complement the other palmOne retail stores located in the same mall -- featuring the Zire and Tungsten handhelds.

In addition to the Treo Store in the Valley Fair mall, there are now 13 palmOne stores located in malls and airports nationwide that carry the full line of palmOne products and accessories. palmOne has reported sales through their existing retail stores have grown 595% year-over-year (Q1 FY04 to Q1 FY05), and they expect high traffic in the mall-based retail stores during this holiday season.

palmOne also kicked off a new TV advertising campaign, with commercials highlighting the Treo line and Tungsten E , which are now airing in select US markets. Check 'em out at palmOneTV.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
The Valley Faire store...

My now ex-GF dragged me to that mall the other day and I saw the PalmOne store upstairs there. It was more like a glorified kiosk, with only the latest PDA's (Tungsten T|5, Zire72) on display and an overworked and underknowledged staffperson to deal with the deluge of questions.

It was OK I suppose. Anything to get more Palm OS customers. Too bad the T|5 isn't the most "Power User" PDA for the price.
POL9A
Advert
Old 11-23-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
wshwe
wshwe began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air
Too bad the Treo 650 is flawed.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:43 PM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Isn't that too much? I have nothing against the Treo; in fact, I think it is a wonderful gadget. But a whole store for a advertising and selling a single product? I don't know, to me this sounds like an over-kill.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:22 PM   #5
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
In some ways I think it's kinda cool. The fact that they have these in airports might just save your behind one day too. I don't see how they're making any $ though.
Advert