Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Avantgo server trouble?

If you still use the Avantgo service, for the past few days you've probably received the following message on your PC during hotsync:

"Server is temporarily halted for maintenance. Please try again later."

The AvantGo webpage doesn't give a hint as to why the service is currently not working.

I feel bad for you if you actually pay for the advanced AvantGo account
Old 11-07-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
lvkatz
lvkatz began at the beginning.

avantgo not working

Thanks for putting this message on. I have tried to hotsync with avantgo and wasn't sure if the problem was mine or indeed that Avantgo was not working. I guess we just have to wait till they fix or "update" their files at avantgo.

I really miss my avantgo!!!
LK
Advert
Old 11-09-2004, 02:58 AM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I used to miss AvantGo, but since iSilo...

...I've been able to enjoy much more than AG could deliver. Being a Mac guy, I had to go through my withdrawl symptoms a while ago (with their non-support of an OS X conduit).

It took a long (read: long) time for me to get used to iSilo, but now it's an OK process. I miss having to do nothing more than HotSync to get my mobile channels. In exchange for the convenience of HotSync-ing them, I now am able to convert huge files for mobile PDA reading.

And life goes on.
POL9A