Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Nokia 7710 - Smart phone for smart people

"Smart Moves" is this year's theme of the Nokia Mobility Conference in Monaco, where Nokia also unveiled its Nokia 7710 widescreen multimedia smartphone. Finally Nokia has stepped across the line and entered PDA territory with its new phone!

The 7710 is Nokia's first handset featuring a screen that lets users access functions with a stylus, pitting it against PDA rivals such as PalmOne. In addition, the handset can also function as a souped-up smart phone, featuring a digital camera, radio, Internet browser and music player, using the Symbian OS. Specs:

- 8x4 cm 65,536-color wide screen with pen input
- handwriting recognition
- HTML browser supports Flash 6
- up to 90 MB internal memory, 128 MB MMC card
- megapixel camera (1152x864 pixels)
- music player with stereo audio
- audio and video playback and streaming
- FM/Visual Radio

The 7710 will be available in Asia later this year and in Europe and Africa early in 2005, Nokia said. It's priced at €500 (US $638).

Sounds like a "smart move" to me, even though I haven't had experience with Symbian OS (yet).