Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Update to 3.0.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I have, repeatedly. I have a K1 and there is no flash. I have a K2 and there is no flash. Prior to the 3.0.1 update my K3 had no flash when bookmarking and I had fast page turns - substantially faster than either of the other devices. Now I do not.
Update to 3.0.2 available here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

I have no problem with 3.0.1 but will update anyway as soon as the Early Preview is over.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #32
Ziggy925
Ziggy925 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've heard of this problem in the Amazon forums, but either I've never experienced it with my Kindle 3 or I just don't notice it. I do know that Amazon customer service has a beta update version 3.0.2 that is supposed to resolve a lot of problems.
Ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #33
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's really not surprising. Every eInk screen exhibits a black "flash" on a page turn; it's inherent in the technology. I have read this thread, and I know that you say that you didn't notice it with the original Kindle firmware but, with the very greatest respect, it was there whether or not you noticed it. Might it not simply be the case that once you did notice it, you started focussing in on it? That's often the case with minor irritations...
If you remember way back to beginning 2009, I was infuriated by the Bookeen Page turns, but that reader had another setting, where the writing dissolved and reformed on the page. I was not happy about the prospect of flash on K3, but decided to read a book on it first, then decide.
After doing that, my brain filtered it out as I was more interested in the story than how the page was turning.

So I'd suggest to the author of the thread to give it a good try, then decide.
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
lanfearl
lanfearl began at the beginning.

can we just close this thread and move on? The OP is spreading disinformation in some kind mock hysteria. He/She clearly has no idea what they are talking about.
lanfearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #35
Ziggy925
Ziggy925 began at the beginning.

Wow! I just tuned into this thread. I think we all believe you, but if you look at all the threads on Amazon about Kindle problems, you'll find that while some people have real serious problems, batteries that last an hour, others are focused in on minor problems that may or may not really be problems.

When I started reading about the flash between pages I noticed it, and soon the flash was getting longer and longer. When I stopped concentrating on it it went away. When skiing in the trees the trick to getting through is to look at the spaces between the trees, not at the trees. Look at the trees and you will hit one.

You can always call customer service and they will probably send you another unit.
Ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #36
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
@Ziggy925: good comment!!
warp is offline   Reply With Quote