Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Malchik
Malchik began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-600
Edit ebook titles

Hi everyone,

I just got the Sony ereader touch edition (PRS-600). I have 3 questions and i really hope you can help me.

First, how do we edit an ebook title?

Second, is it possible to delete an ebook in the books section without deleting it in the collections?

Third, is it possible to create subcollections? like folders in a collection?

When i transfer ebooks in Reader Library or directly on my ereader it doesn't keep the title i transfered them with, it change it to the original title i got them under.
For exemple, the Riley Jenson Guardian series are named RJG Full Moon Rising, RJG Kissing Sin etc. And on my imac it s named Keri Arthur - Riley Jenson Guardian 01 - Full Moon Rising, Keri Arthur - Riley Jenson Guardian 02 - Kissing Sin etc.
I want to keep it the way it is on my imac.

Plus i have all the series from Keri Arthur and i would like to create kind of folders in the collection named Keri Arthur. That would be more simple.

Thanks for your help
Malchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Malchik

Forget about my first question. I did it with Calibre. This software is a charm!!
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 AM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
Second, is it possible to delete an ebook in the books section without deleting it in the collections?

Third, is it possible to create subcollections? like folders in a collection?
Second: No. Collections point to book in books section. You may delete a book in a collection but it's still in the books section. Other way round it's totally deleted.

Third: No. Just one level.

[Speaking of Sony Reader Library]
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Malchik

Thanks SkyDream

I'd have an other question how do we use the dictionary?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
I'd have an other question how do we use the dictionary?
Double-Tap a word and the dictionary should come up on the bottom of the screen.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert