Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
In Defense of the PB360 Wing Buttons

I like 'em!

Yeah, they click - but to my ears, they click no more than the D-ring. Besides, when I'm immersed in my book, I don't hear the click(s) at all. But, then again, I've had entire conversations happen around me while I was reading that I didn't hear ... so, YMMV.

What I like is the convenience. I have both the upper and lower wing buttons set with "page forward." I also have the left-hand and right-hand side of the D-ring set on "page forward." I use my thumb to operate the buttons while reading. The attached pictures show the three different ways I can hold the device one-handed (had to show the left hand - as I'm right-handed, it's hard to hold that durn camera properly with my left hand...). But, I can hold the PB360 the same way with my right hand - so that gives me six different ways to hold the reader.

And, I like the fact that the wing buttons (and the D-ring, for that matter) are a bit harder to press. No accidental page turns for me!

As a self-professed fan-girl of the PB360, I just want to let people know that the wing buttons, for some people (or, maybe - just me! ) are great.

And, Pocketbook, please keep them on the PB360, along with having the buttons on the side of the device ... and the G-sensor. IMNSHO, it makes holding the PB360 the most ergonomic for long periods.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, and, like ... noses - everyone's got one!

Marilyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ring Use.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	56817   Click image for larger version

Name:	LowerButton.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	56818   Click image for larger version

Name:	UpperButton.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	56819  
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Totally agree
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
That's how I use my bellowed PoketBook 360.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
What I like about them is the fact that they're stiff. With a certain use, stiff buttons wear a bit and they become sweeter to touch, yet firm. Other kinds of buttons (e.g my old PSP's ones) do feel right from the beginning, but the wearing makes them horrible to press later on.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
+ 1 to the PB360 wing buttons admirers club
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
+2! Wings rock!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
The only e-ink reader I would consider would have wing buttons.

+1
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #8
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I like the wing buttons as well. One thing ibfound interesting when I first used them though is that in my brain it seemed to think that each end of a winged button would have it's own function and for whatever reason I had to train my brain to realize thT whether I pushed the top part of the winged button or the bottom. It was going to the next page. My brain seemed to think that pushing the top would be next page but pushing the bottom portion of that same button would go to the previous button, not sure why.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
I like the wing buttons as well. One thing ibfound interesting when I first used them though is that in my brain it seemed to think that each end of a winged button would have it's own function and for whatever reason I had to train my brain to realize thT whether I pushed the top part of the winged button or the bottom. It was going to the next page. My brain seemed to think that pushing the top would be next page but pushing the bottom portion of that same button would go to the previous button, not sure why.
That is an interesting thought. If more functions could be added with no additional buttons, I'd say that is a net profit for us users.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 AM   #10
IvyRose
Ebbok-Junkie
IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'IvyRose can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G, iphone 3GS
Wingbutton-Fan here, too! I really like them. Since I read a lot one handed waiting for the bus or the train, they are really great. Smaller buttons are a lot more difficult to press, when you're righthanded and operate the reader with your left hand (as I often do). The clicking doen't bother me a bit. I quite like the "noise".

I also have both wing buttons on "page forward". I definitely like my PB360!
IvyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Great - I love them too.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
I like these wing-buttons. They make PB360 fit to my hand around 360 degree as its name.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Wing buttons make the PB360 more easy to use one-handed. Cool
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #14
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I could have written your post myself. Both wing buttons and the D-ring are page forward for me.

Love my PB360 and love the wing buttons. I would love if they were a little lighter to the touch, though.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote