Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Question What's the newspaper/magazine file format on Nook

Hi
I'm thinking subscribe newspaper/magazine on Nook.

Can anyone tell me the file format of those files? Are they PDF or ePub?

Can anyone share some screen shot?

droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

bump
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
As far as I can tell, they're ePub. The highlighted files are newspapers. Hope that's helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-8-17-10.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	56776  
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
I subscribed to the New Yorker magazine. I think it's epub. It looks great on the Nook. No complaints and no advertising. $2.99/month subscription fee is also reasonable.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yeah I agree, I read the Boston Globe from time to time. Looks fantastic on the nook.

give one a whirl, the worst tha can happen is you are out $0.50
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
droople
Connoisseur

Thank you ellimak and lionel47, could you show me any picture how do they look like on Nook?

Cheers
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by droople View Post
Thank you ellimak and lionel47, could you show me any picture how do they look like on Nook?

Cheers
I can post a pic tonight. However, I don't know how interesting it will be. It's really the New Yorker cover in B&W, the table of contents with links and pages of the cartoons. The articles are formatted so you can read them and, well, not much else to say.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
droople
Connoisseur

Thank you lionel47, does it look like a magazine or a webpage?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
lionel47
Addict

The layout is not three or four column. It's a single page layout much like you are reading a book. Don't expect the type of layout you see advertised on iPads and such. Essentially, you get all the content in the presentation of a book. I read for the content and not the layout or page-flipping graphics so it suits me fine. YMMV
Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
again I would just buy a single issue of a paper and see how you like it. You don't have to buy a subscription, you can buy an issue for .50 cents that way you can navigate and play around etc. and see how you like it.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #11
jdrew
jdrew began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi?
There's a 14 day trial on subscriptions anyway so just try yourself. All the ones i've seen on my nook are epub.
jdrew is offline   Reply With Quote