Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Libre Pro not appearing on my computer

I've had various annoying issues since I got my Libre Pro, but this is new and more annoying than ever.

When I plug the device in, my computer (Mac OS 10.6.4) is not seeing it or the SD card. It's not the cable, because if I restart the computer it shows up, (and right now it's plugged in and charging). But if I want to put an ADE book on it, I have to move quick before it freezes on the charging icon (annoyance #1). When that happens I lose the connection and I have to restart the computer.

So this started happening tonight. I upgraded the firmware after that, but has not fixed anything.

Any ideas what the trouble could be?
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

I just tried it on a PC and it sees the Libre right away, so I'm guessing there's an issue with the Mac all of a sudden. Anyone else having a similar problem? Haven't heard back from Aluratek, but I don't know that this something they'd address, anyway.

Update: I'm wondering now if the issue is with the usb hub I had it connected to. I plugged the Libre cable directly into the computer, and there it was. But then I had to reauthorize with ADE!

It's weird, though, because everything else on the hub works fine and even though the computer doesn't see the device, the Libre screen does show that's it's being charged.

Update 2: Weirder. Now it works again with the hub, but sometimes only the device and sometimes only the device shows up and not the SD card.

Last edited by jezebel; 08-04-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
When you mean the device is not showing up on your Mac, do you mean it is not showing up on the Desktop?

If so, you might want to open up a terminal window and look to see if it shows up. With my Jetbook, when I plug it in, I can run a df -h command from the terminal window. The reader and the SD card show up under "No Name" directories.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
jezebel
Fanatic

It wasn't showing up at all, and I was able to just pull the usb cable with warnings.

That said, it's been working lately, so I don't know.....