robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Another Kindle Price drop.... Refurbished 6" US Model

Down to 109.99 now, LINK
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It would appear Amazon is cleaning out the warehouse to get ready for the August launch of the 6" Graphite?

Might even see the "magic" $99 price point yet!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changed thread title to note these are Refurbished models.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Great find.

Slight caveat. I bought one 10 days ago at the previous price ($140). It was in perfect condition, with no screen fade. I loved the experimental web (using Basic with all mobile sites and with images turned off). But I returned it because its background was just too dark for me. About as dark as my early-production Sony PRS-505 (which had better contrast, I think because of darker fonts). A highly individual preference. But in reading the Kindle GDX comments, there was at least one who said their later K2i had a noticeably clearer screen than their earlier K2 U.S.

At this price, though, this caveat would only apply to the fussiest among us about screen whiteness (maybe that's just me).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
KingOfMyWorld
KingOfMyWorld began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Touchpad, Kindle 2, Kindle Touch
So does their warehouse deals site have the same deal as the Amazon.com one where if an item drops in price within a certain amount of time they'll refund you the difference?

I thought it was a great deal at 140, now it's an excellent deal at 110.
KingOfMyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
zsmomma
zsmomma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Pandigital Novel, iPod Touch
What a great price! I had it in my basket ready to go, then double checked to see it K2US received the recent update...the answer is no. (sigh) Back it went. I'll wait til August.
zsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfMyWorld View Post
So does their warehouse deals site have the same deal as the Amazon.com one where if an item drops in price within a certain amount of time they'll refund you the difference?

I thought it was a great deal at 140, now it's an excellent deal at 110.
Jane on 'Dear Author' reported getting the difference refunded on hers.
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010...9-refurbished/

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmomma View Post
What a great price! I had it in my basket ready to go, then double checked to see it K2US received the recent update...the answer is no. (sigh) Back it went. I'll wait til August.
What recent update do you mean? If you mean 2.5 then yes it got the update just like the K2i did.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
smoger
smoger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmomma View Post
Hi new to the forum. Actually found this site after purchasing one of these today.

Anyway, which update did the US Wireless model not receive? As far as I can tell, the latest Kindle Update was 2.5 and I can say for a fact that I installed it on my girlfriend's US wireless model not 2 weeks ago.

Is there a newer version that I'm not aware of?
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
zsmomma
zsmomma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Pandigital Novel, iPod Touch
whew. I must have been reading an old Amazon Kindle thread w/ folks saying they didn't receive their 2.5 update. Since folks did, I'll just hop over there now and purchase one.

thanks!
zsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?

zsmomma may be referring to the Graphite features - the darker font & lighter screen. Otherwise the K2 US model can be updated to 2.5.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I just bought one awesome deal.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
wow awesome deal ,thanks
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
TheLost
TheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Jane on 'Dear Author' reported getting the difference refunded on hers.
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010...9-refurbished/
Amazon.com is telling me they won't refund the difference

Something about the lower price kindles @ $109 being in worse condition then the $139 kindles. IMHO its a bunch of BS. All refurbished kindles are in the same 'new' like condition..
TheLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
Amazon.com is telling me they won't refund the difference

Something about the lower price kindles @ $109 being in worse condition then the $139 kindles. IMHO its a bunch of BS. All refurbished kindles are in the same 'new' like condition..
Amazon got rid of that policy quite some time ago. It's very hit or miss now, but it's definitely no longer part of their policy.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
TheLost
TheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watchTheLost is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Amazon got rid of that policy quite some time ago. It's very hit or miss now, but it's definitely no longer part of their policy.
Here is the email response i got after my phone call with them..

Quote:
Amazon doesn’t offer a price match guarantee. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you’ll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we can't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites.
TheLost is offline   Reply With Quote