Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Codetoad13
Codetoad13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Libre and BN epubs

Does the Libre support the Barnes and Noble version of Adobe DRM for epub?

Codetoad13
Codetoad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I believe not. ADE DRM ePub/PDF works with the Aluratek not B&N ePub. Their DRM scheme is different and I am not referring to their pdb DRM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iphone 3gs-(JB), asus 1000h, e-ink nook, libre pro, Wht PDN, Huawei s7
Wink B&N books on the libre pro

My mom just bought a nook and B&N had a large number of free books to download. She is technically challenged being 76 years old, so I set it up and have been helping her learn to use it. I just got my libre and am learning it as well.

I have the Libre Pro and the free books from B&N are in ade epub format. So I made a folder on my sd card for the libre and named it B&N books. I transferred the files downloaded into my documents folder on my pc called "my barns and noble ebooks". It will have a folder under your email address for whatever B&N account is listed. My B&N folder has 2 folders- my mother's email and my e-mail. I copied these epub files(NON DRM) onto my libre sd card and they open on the libre.

So in answer to your question- yes- B&N epub files will work on your libre pro. I haven't tried any drm'd files since all the books I have are the free ones. B&N have 75 or more free books available for their nook listed on the left column under free ebooks. But you have to have an account and give a credit card to keep on file- even for the free ones.

I'll bet if you remove the drm they should work on the libre too. When I buy a book for the Nook I'll give it a try and post results.

Last edited by sashusmom; 06-29-2010 at 02:31 AM.
sashusmom is offline   Reply With Quote