Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
poliorcetes
poliorcetes began at the beginning.

Device: Qtek 9100
Hello from Spain

Hello all,

As all of you, I do enjoy reading. Alas, I don't enjoy so much to charge my back with more than unavoidable weight: my laptop, the book I'm reading those days and as less reference titles as possible.

My laptop is a still-good toshiba portege M200. I have obtained quite good results from it... except as a reading device. It's angle of vision is too narrow to permit a comfortable reading session.

Maybe a good solution would be a motion computing ls800, with the ViewAnywhere option... if you want to spend 2298$, what I cannot justify with my portege still happily working.

I've tried also PDAs (my phone, a QTEK 9100, and my wife's Axim X51V) and, although there is capable software for reading, both TFT and display real estate is not enough for a long reading ride.

So, there are e-ink readers. Iliad, Sony reader (or second-hand librie), that chinese ghost devices. I really would like to find a working solution for reading ebooks and documents. I assume that both reader and Iliad offer a good reading experience because of the displays. That justifies the expenditure by itself.

I really would appreciate an annotation and marking capability. As far as I know, reader doesn't have anything like this, and I am not sure about iliad
Write and comment in articles (format and DRM dependant.)
If that writing functionality would be more than introducing bitmap or not-indexed, text annotations -- I mean, an operational marking capability which let me recover the texts I marked in a moment -- then Iliad would be a totally justified option for me.

If that is not the case, then I really would appreciate advices from you veterans: Do you think that double-prized Iliad is worth the investment, compared with ereader?

Well, that is all. Sorry for the long post and best regards for all.
poliorcetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

No worries about the long post. Dive right in! You should immediately head on over to the Which One Should I Buy forum section. You might not be ready to buy just yet, but you'll be able to read about all the topic you've brought up and more!
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Welcome on board, poliorcetes.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote