Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 11-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader and plucker

FBReader http://only.mawhrin.net/fbreader/ is a multi-format e-book reader for Linux. It has been mentioned many times at this site, but never under the sunrise thread. Since this is now probably the primary local source for plucker info, note that it works very well on plucker .pdb files.

I have never used Palm or PPC plucker readers. Does anyone know how these compare to FBReader? The only missing feature listed for the plucker format is "tables", but I am not aware of ever missing these with plucker e-books. For the reader itself, planned new (i.e. currently missing) features are dictionary support, automatic scrolling, and bookmarks.

FBReader can do more with fb2 format e-books, for example plucker books have to be added to the booklist manually including the title and author, but I still prefer plucker and use it almost exclusively even when this involves an extra conversion step from html.