Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
supercarl
supercarl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
DRM books

Hi all,

I've got two Sony devices, one of which is authorized and synced to the Sony Library software, and the other one linked to Calibre.

Is there any way to put DRM'd files onto the Calibre one? I've tried through Sony Library but can only put them onto the authorised device, and Calibre doesn't seem to accept DRM files.

If it helps, these are library time-limited files.

Thakns
supercarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
You have to authorize the other one also. Calibre doesn't have a problem with that so why have you not done that? Calibre can also copy DRM'ed ebooks to the device, but it cannot open or convert those ebooks.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck, Supercarl. Good to have your new company. Best wishes. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
supercarl
supercarl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
You have to authorize the other one also. Calibre doesn't have a problem with that so why have you not done that? Calibre can also copy DRM'ed ebooks to the device, but it cannot open or convert those ebooks.
Apologies for sounding stupid, I thought I had read somewhere that Calibre didn't accept DRM books.

Do I simply authorise the second device through Calibre, or does this need to be done in the Sony package? And will this affect the other book that has previously been authorised in that package?
supercarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarl View Post
I thought I had read somewhere that Calibre didn't accept DRM books.
Calibre will hold them and provide them to the ereader - it just can't convert them or display them or do other normal things you might want to do with your books.

Quote:
Do I simply authorise the second device through Calibre, or does this need to be done in the Sony package?
You can't do any authorizing in Calibre. That has to be done with the DRM software - in this case Sony.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Do I simply authorise the second device through Calibre, or does this need to be done in the Sony package?
You authorize it the same way you did (using the same account) for your first device. Most likely Sony.

Quote:
And will this affect the other book that has previously been authorised in that package?
This will not effect any books. I have three Sony devices and have all three of them authorized but have never transferred books to any of the using anything but Calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote