Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
healbon
healbon began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Adding to my mobilidity with a pocket projector

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum (go easy on me! Lol). But I am a pretty mobile guy. I have my iPhone, my Macbook Pro. I actually use them as my eReader. I am thinking about getting an iPad. Any happy customers out there with testimonials?

Anyways, I just added another mobile device to my collection I thought I would share (I can't just “read” the forums forever without contributing right?) Got myself a mini projector (specs here: http://www.aaxatech.com/products/p2_pico_projector.htm ). I got it because it works with my iPhone and my Macbook (though I had to spend about $30 on adapters to make it happen, which wasn't great but do-able). Now I can make my little screens enormous at will

Okay I am done bragging. Here are some pics if anyone wants to take a peak (don't be jealous of my mobilidity...)

healbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
welcome to the forums! sorry about the apple stuff! many people do recover eventually!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to the lounge.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #4
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hello and welcome.
I was looking at those tiny projectors just couple of weeks ago.
Are they worth their price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
sorry about the apple stuff! many people do recover eventually!
You have Kindle don't you?
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
I can't vouch for how good they are (stand-alone or integrated) but you should expect them to become a fairly common (and maybe eventually standard) component in some electronics like cell phones and cameras and media players sooner rather than later.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I looked at those mini projectors for my Archos 5IT. They seemed to be quite good but I ended up going for the Vuzix Wrap 280 media glasses. No good for reading but great for watching movies.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Hello and welcome.

You have Kindle don't you?
yep! says so! right there! <---. I've bought 3 of them!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
I was looking at those projectors, they seem kind of cool, but I can't justify spending money on something which would probably end up in my drawer of nifty gadgets which I hardly use.

On the ipad (Disclaimer I hate Apple products) while I don't own one I played with one at best buy the other day. I wasn't really impressed with it to me it really did seem like a giant iphone. I don't know what your needs are so the ipad might work for you, personally I would buy a netbook or an ereader depending on what you actually plan on using it for. Now that my anti-apple-ism is done, have I mentioned I'm kind of jealous of that projector.
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
PuLeez
PuLeez began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Did you compare the AAXA P2 with their M1+? Actually I have an iPad and have been checking out the AAXA M1+ and Optoma PK301 to sue for small group presentations running off the iPad version of Keynote. I'm leaning towards the M1+ due to the higher brightness and lower price.
PuLeez is offline   Reply With Quote