|05-17-2010, 12:26 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2009
Device: HTC Touch Pro
delete old books after adding
After Calibre adds a bunch of books I want it to delete it from the old direcctory. How do I set it up to do this?
|05-17-2010, 12:47 PM||#2|
Join Date: May 2010
I don't think it can, and I'm pretty sure it's by design. Since Calibre renames (and modifies?) files as it adds them to the nicely structured directory tree, It MUST do this via a copy or people would be pissed. I certainly don't want a program to automatically rename/move my files without EXPLICIT permission... anyone remember when iTunes used to move and reorganize your library by default? *shakes fist*
EDIT: more accurately I think I should have said, "I don't think it can with a simple preference setting". You COULD probably accomplish this via a small python script wrapped as a plugin
Last edited by Stinger; 05-17-2010 at 12:53 PM.
|05-17-2010, 10:51 PM||#3|
US Navy, Retired
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
Wash, rinse, repeat as needed.
|05-18-2010, 09:52 AM||#4|
CC Android Developer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Many android devices
1. add the books to calibre.
2. open the folder as a device (will be on the send to device pulldown, 'connect to folder').
3. click the SD card icon to see the contents of the folder. Note that it will show that folder and all subfolders as a single list.
4. sort by the 'In Library' column on the folder device. It will have a checkmark next to those books that it could determine were the same as a book in the library.
5. select the books with the check (they are now together).
6. delete the books. Be sure you are looking at the device library and not the main library.
When you first connect to a folder, books in the folder are matched with those in the library by comparing title and authors, which can take a little while. If you have changed these in the library, then the books won't match and won't have a check. Subsequent connections will use remembered results, and will be faster. Books copies with the 'send to device' button have the same metadata that was in the library at the moment of copy.
|adding, calibre, delete|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|delete all books in a given format||alexxx||Calibre||2||06-25-2010 04:42 AM|
|Delete All Free Books||RedRoverJ||Kobo Reader||9||05-18-2010 06:54 PM|
|Can Ex Delete My Books?||jessme7||Amazon Kindle||21||01-12-2010 03:44 PM|
|How to delete books from the library?||wizard327||Bookeen||27||12-29-2008 12:48 AM|