Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
¿Is possible different battery life in bebook neo and noox?

I'm torn between the Kindle and the neo Bebook, and one of the points cause I refused the bebbok was the battery life, I read that there were people whith battery drain in a few days with wifi off and bebok only in stand by.

now I read someone who has a Boox and speaks with wifi off the battery life is approximately two weeks.

Is it possible that the duration is different in both models?

greetings.

Last edited by ersott; 04-22-2010 at 06:07 AM.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
Bebook Neo and Boox are identical. There are different versions of firmware and the newest one doesn't seem to be the best for battery life.
My Bebook Neo behaves strange - sometimes it drains battery fast sometimes not. I can read 1-5 books with one charge. Never had to charge before reading one entire book.
Some users report shorter battery life, some longer. Hard to tell.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The battery does drain in a few days if you leave it in "standby". The answer is to turn it off when you've finished reading - that way, the battery will last much longer. The machine boots sufficiently quickly that this is not a problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Thanks for the answer, I say that cause I think one reasons to drain battery could be the diferent firmwares. I only heard short battery life in bebook, not in boox.

thanks again.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I love my neo but it has the worst battery ever. I can only read 2 Harlequins - less than 400 paper pages before having to recharge. I only use it at home and take my V5 out with me.

I haven't upgraded it as I read that makes the battery worse.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I love my neo but it has the worst battery ever. I can only read 2 Harlequins - less than 400 paper pages before having to recharge. I only use it at home and take my V5 out with me.

I haven't upgraded it as I read that makes the battery worse.
Do you leave it in "standby" mode? You really should switch it off - I read for a couple of hours a day, and get probably two weeks between battery charges, turning it off after I finished reading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote