Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
"myIDS"

The one shot button is a great idea to pick up subscriptions ... it'd be great if iRex offered a few bells and whistles around this button also...how about:
1. A folder on the Iliad that you could add clippings and bookmarks too that would be uploaded to a net based webstore outbox.
2. A URL address where I could upload my own content, to a net based webstore inbox - that get's zapped down to my Iliad next time I sync.
3. Some community services (how about being able to subscribe to this forum through IDS???

Any other ideas for IDS use other than commercial subscriptions and software uploads ...?
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Devlar
Enthusiast
Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I'd like to be able to use IDS to pull content off my PC.

Then I'd be content if someone had some software that allowed me to print multiple RSS feeds into a directory (BBC anyone) so I could read it on the illiad.
Devlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
pdam
Groupie

What I'd really like to be able to do ... is buy the iDS software to use as a corporate, (and set up profiles for work and internet on the Iliad device) - for my Blackberry I can buy a Blackberry Enterprise server for a couple of $k - with this I can access my local apps while still connecting to Internet based services.

This is what would help fuel corporate/government use ...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:30 AM   #4
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
They are going to release the iDS protocol in due time (when they're done (tm)).

So there will be a iDS server available, rather sooner then later. I would rather prefer an open-source-iDS-Server instead of a $k-corporate server, but, well, we'll see.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 AM   #5
pdam
Groupie

open source / commercial - as long as it's soon, supported, works, and is cost effective - I'd be happy.

Actually if by the selling of IDS, the device price drops significantly - I'd rather have this scenario (with a free Internet myiDS service for personal use of course).
Advert