Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
McSherry, Corynne & Cohn, Cindy: Digital Books and Your Rights, v.1, 4 mars 2010

Epub in english !
are digital books as good or better than physical books at protecting you and your rights as a reader?
The footnotes are not in the epub. If want them, check the original page, here : https://www.eff.org/wp/digital-books-and-your-rights

Les questions qu’il faut se poser avant de passer au livre électronique : est-ce que nos droits de lecteurs et d’utilisateurs sont bien préservés. Par l’Electronic Frontier Foundation, en anglais. Attention, epub en anglais, mais facile à comprendre.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub EFF_-_Digital_books_and_your_rights.epub (160.1 KB, 561 views)
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
ScottAinsworth
ScottAinsworth began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
Complete copy

I noticed that much of the content is missing in the original upload, so I created a new copy directly from the the EFF's Web site. I pulled the cover art from the PDF version and tried to use as much of the EFF's original CSS as possible. I used Sigil 0.2 for the basic formatting and then edited the result by hand to setup the cover and tweek the TOC. Let me know how it looks.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub EFF- Digital Books and Your Rights.epub (196.7 KB, 460 views)

Last edited by ScottAinsworth; 04-03-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Grammar problems
ScottAinsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Hi !
I don’t understand… I don’t see any content missing in my version. I made the epub using copy-paste from the EFF web page, and the Feedbooks publication tool.
But you are right : your formatting is very better (the links and the footnotes are working, the TOC is here, the cover is prettier,…), and it looks very well. Thank you !
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, english, freedom, rights