Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
An honest review of my book...

I appreciated this from RedAdept: http://redadept.wordpress.com/ (Scroll down to The Summoning of Clade Josso)

Believe it or not, I'm fine with that. She was honest about it not being her cup of tea, but still praised the style and work I put into it (I edit my own books, btw). Check it out.
J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dean View Post
I appreciated this from RedAdept: http://redadept.wordpress.com/ (Scroll down to The Summoning of Clade Josso)

Believe it or not, I'm fine with that. She was honest about it not being her cup of tea, but still praised the style and work I put into it (I edit my own books, btw). Check it out.
Well, a review is one person's take - there's no way we can write something that is everybody's cup of tea. I just wish that everyone who sent messages and emails saying they really enjoyed my books would write reviews, but it doesn't work that way.
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:

And sometimes the reviewer has valid points to make. I know *I* just posted a review of an ebook on my blog (and Amazon) which was critical of the story. Funny thing though - my Amazon review - and the ebook itself - has disappeared from Amazon.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:

One thing I like to see in a negative review - "but I'll look with interest for future offerings from this writer". If I see that, I know I've done well on an important level - getting readers interested. So, good job
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
J. Dean
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Much obliged, folks. Thank you.

I think that most of us here are pretty good about honest negative reviews when they're done in the right spirit. If we're realists, we'll realize that there will be people out there who don't necessarily like our chosen subjects or genres-and that's okay. I'm like that myself, as I'm sure a lot of you are: you can appreciate the craftsmanship without necessarily liking the work itself.
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
lmpreston
YA Author
lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I realized through sending my books out to beta readers that you can't please everyone. Especially those that don't typically read your genre. Also, I personally like letting those people reading. Sometimes I hook them, sometimes I don't. Keep your head up and move on.
lmpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
J. Dean

BTW, if anybody is curious, there's a free sample of it you can look at on smashwords