Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
immelu
immelu began at the beginning.

Device: EZReadr
Files not opening?

I received the Pocket Pro for Christmas! Holy Awesome! WITH 500 FREE BOOKS!

Anyway, my problem is that files are slow to open, if they ever open. I have successfully downloaded two books from my local library as epubs. They're on the SD card and I select them and just get the hourglass. I can go back, so it's not as if the whole thing is frozen. It seems to work allright with the preloaded books. Any suggestions?? I've already tried re-saving the books the books to the SD card thinking that maybe the file had gotten corrupted somehow.

Last edited by immelu; 01-03-2010 at 12:30 AM.
immelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
Welcome to MobileRead and congratulations on your new reader. One of the computer folks here can probably give you much clearer instructions, but in the meantime, I believe you need to go to Adobe's website and download ther digital editons software (free). Then hook up your pocket pro and the Adobe software will recognize, and ask you to register, your reader (whatever that means). After that, you can open those files from your library.
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
immelu

Hi DrBen!

Thanks for the response, but I've done all that. I've had the books open on the EZReader...it's just that they won't open 100% of the time like they should. It seems as if they get hung up in the opening sometimes. It sounds like a file problem to me, but resaving the file to the SD card doesn't seem to solve the problem.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
I've had reformatting an SD card solve issues like that with other devices. Have you installed the latest firmware?
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
immelu

I believe mine came with the latest firmware. The clock is there.
Advert