Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
hargyle
hargyle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Great customer svc -Kindle 2!

I want to comment on the excellent customer service experience I had today with Amazon. I have had a Kindle 2 for about 10 months with absolutely no problem until yesterday when it developed a postage stamp size area of dead pixels in the upper right hand corner. I e-mailed customer service from the Kindle support page, and was advised to call them live, then immediately received a return call back from a live, polite agent. After a brief review, Amazon sent a shipping label for the return of my current Kindle, and simultaneously they are shipping a new Kindle 2 to me. Quick, polite, appropriate response to what they say is an unusual, but previously reported problem. BTW, I had not traumatized the unit in any way.
Compliments to Amazon for doing the right thing, and compliments to mobile read.com for pointing me in the right direction!
hargyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
They do rock! Thanks for sharing as welcome to MobileRead hargyle!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I have had similar experience with them Love it!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
And I also had a great experience also. Dropped the darn thing on a concrete floor. Cracked the display leaving the top inch or so blank. Phone call on friday. New K2 arrived on Monday. Broken one shipped back on their dime. Good service...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead pixels, kindle 2, kindle service