Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Lauren2244
Lauren2244 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
Smile ebay

Just received a Sony PRS-505 for Christmas and am thrilled with it! Had a few books already on the memory card so am ok for now...but have been looking at e books on the internet, waterstones, whsmith etc...Also some for sale on ebay at very low prices. Was wondering if anyone had bought any off there and what they are like? Thanks.
Lauren2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
First.........try the books here. They are public domain, and well formatted by our own members. No "ickies"

Be careful about the Ebay ones........a lot of times they will put PD books on a cd and actually charge you for it.....these are always free from here and other sites.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
First.........try the books here. They are public domain, and well formatted by our own members. No "ickies"

Be careful about the Ebay ones........a lot of times they will put PD books on a cd and actually charge you for it.....these are always free from here and other sites.
Exactly, and some are illegally posted. I would steer far from eBay for ebooks.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
Lauren2244
Lauren2244 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
ok, thanks! Will have a look on here and see what is on offer. If i can find my way round! Am sure it will be easier than going to the library once i have got used to it!
Lauren2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren2244 View Post
ok, thanks! Will have a look on here and see what is on offer. If i can find my way round! Am sure it will be easier than going to the library once i have got used to it!
Here is where you are lucky.

Does your local library stock epub or pdf ebooks? Check their online directory......if so, they can be downloaded to your computer, (they close automatically when the loan period is up) then side loaded to your Sony........library books without the muss and fuss!!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert