Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
505 Firmware Question

I know that quite a few software pops up a message box informing the user that there is a new version of the software available for download. I was wondering does the same happen for the 505 when I link it up with the Sony software. Will it tell me a newer firmware is available for my device if one is available? Sort of like the iTouch and iTunes software.

I also read that there is a clock on the status bar at the bottom for the PRS 300 with the lastest firmware. Is there one for the 505?

Last edited by MerLock; 12-23-2009 at 02:50 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Yes, there will be a pop if there ever is a new firmware, and you can even select check for updates if you feel insecure.

You can check you firmware version from settings>about on the device itself.

If you'd like a clock check here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...m+firmware+505
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote