Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
quinnsmum
quinnsmum began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Question Dual usb cable... HOW do i use it??

I can't figure out what the dual usb cable is for? There's a black and red usb cable on one end... and then the smaller end which goes into the JetBook. Just exactly how do i use that?? Thanks
quinnsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
When your Jetbook is discharged and you plug it into the computer it can cause many computers to shut down the usb port for consuming to much power. The dual cable is to supply the power from the second (RED) connector. This doubles the amount of power your computer can supply to the Jetbook for charging.

Note: If you plug in only the red connector you will see that your Jetbook is not detected by the computer because there is no data lines connected.

Just plug into two adjacent ports and everything will work fine. Also if your charge is not down that far you do not need to plug in both connectors.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Black only for data transfer, both for charging. Although I prefer to charge from wall adapter myself.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Does anyone know if I can buy this sort of cable for my libre? I would prefer to not have it start charging every time I plug it into the computer just because of what I've read about how it can shorten the life of rechargeable batteries.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
I don't think it'll change the fact that it charges when you plug it in. It'll just get a lower charge rate than it would with both plugged in. Mine charges the unit when I just have the black plugged in on my desktop at home (supplies enough power to charge it via that port I guess, without both plugged in).
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
I've been hot swapping the memory card into my built in card reader on my laptop and it seems to be working fine so I think I'll just stick with that method instead of the usb anyway.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls81 View Post
Does anyone know if I can buy this sort of cable for my libre? I would prefer to not have it start charging every time I plug it into the computer just because of what I've read about how it can shorten the life of rechargeable batteries.
The lithium Ion technology used in the internal battery is not affected by how many times you recharge and likes to be "topped off".
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote