Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 04-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
broth
broth began at the beginning.

New York Times Text Version is gone

I went to collect the text version of the NYT today and noticed that all I had was yesterday's, (Aprll 2) version.

I poked out to the web site and noticed a redesign of the site and it appears that they have removed the text version. That's too bad as I had used the information here to capture this every morning in Isilo and now I need to figure something else out.

Ugh.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think I have something for you, will come up with later when I am done with work here.
Advert
Old 04-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

Sounds interesting.

David
Old 04-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David, you of all should know better Check this frontpost.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
renbud
Enthusiast
renbud is on a distinguished road

Device: Axim X51v
Alexander -- I LOVE YOU!! Those links rock! I will be naming my first child after you...though it will not be easy to convince my wife to change the name of a 10 year old...
Advert
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by renbud
Alexander -- I LOVE YOU!! Those links rock! I will be naming my first child after you...though it will not be easy to convince my wife to change the name of a 10 year old...
Please send the flowers to David (Harpgliss), for he is the one who made me aware of them!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #7
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Hi,

Thanks for the credit Alex.

Some of the best discoveries are by accident and this is one of them.

David
Old 04-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #8
broth
broth began at the beginning.

Thanks for the discovery. I quickly put the NYT back into my Palm and am a better person for that.

One point at least on the NYT articles, is that if the article has multiple pages it doesn't seem to allow for navagation to the pages beyond page one. So you don't get the complete article. I find that the NYT is quite a large document when getting it into Isilo so I have to filter out sections to make it more managable.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I think it was David who pointed out that these new channels are probably not all meant for offline browsing. If you are connected, it's best to read them while you are online with your favorite Web browser.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Harpgliss
Member Retired

Hi,

Alex is right.

Especially the NY Times is really bad going for conversion with the multiple pages for a lot of the articles.

I did do a conversion for it and I think I got all of the pages,(maybe) and it rang up at about 39MB.

Today I did the same conversion and it rang up at 3MB+ so these will vary greatly on the day of the week.

I'm just thankful for a source for the sports section from the NY Times.

David