Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Moejoe.. Please come back

Moejoe, I've missed seeing your lively posts in the Writers' Corner with all your wonderful stories. You inspired me to add the short story genre to my list and gave me many hours of enjoyable reading.

I always looked forward to what you would write next and eagerly waited to download and read on my time off. I am sincerely missing your enthusiasm in what you write and how you can turn anything into an enjoyable story. It was great fun when you invited us to submit suggestions and translated those suggestions into stories for all.

Please come back and share your talent with those who sincerely appreciate it.

PS.. I want you to know that posting this was very much out of my comfort zone, but I had to get this message to you somehow.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
moejoe, i miss you too. i miss your stories, and your passion, and your principles. this place is better when you are adding to the discussion in all the different ways you do, and i really wish you'd break the silence. please, don't kill the stories !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Hey, Moejoe! Like dreams and zelda, I'm one of the many MR members who have eagerly awaited each new P. J. Lyon or Jo Moriss or Sam Luka story. I check Feedbooks everyday, just for that reason. Plus, you've brought many fine Linux programs to my attention. Go, Ubuntu! So, if you want to continue writing and continue providing us access to your fine work, that would make many of us very happy.

But even beyond that, some of us just want to make sure that you're okay. Your sudden departure from this and other forums has us concerned. If you don't want to entertain us with your stories, can you at least let us know if you're okay and if there's anything we can do to help out? Maybe send zelda a PM and she can let the rest of us know everything is good? Maybe we can all get together and egg Dan Brown's house.

Hoping to hear from you!

The Other Moe

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 10-25-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
A 'check-in' would be nice.

Tell us to get lost, you don't need us anymore, you have a "REAL" life.

Just give a 'heads up'.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Moejoe - what they all said goes for me too.

Enjoyed your writing, but enjoyed your posts here just as much. Hope you are well, and if you could let somebody know, I'm sure we'd all be relieved.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm very much afraid that I'm at least the proximate cause of Moejoe's absence.

A couple of weeks ago a certain thread got heated, and the moderators decided to send some PMs to several participants, asking them to calm down. These included Moejoe; though he was provoked somewhat. So I sent Moejoe a PM suggesting that he might express his views in a less confrontational manner, and saying that we realised that he had been provoked, but that we were attempting to promote a more polite atmosphere on the forum.

The PM was obviously not one of my better efforts, and left Moejoe unhappy. I am extremely sorry that he has been upset, and hope that he will see his way to returning. I miss his stories too.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Heres the thing. We've all (well, okay, maybe just me?) had our feelings hurt or been guilty of participating in flame wars.

We swear to never come back to this place.

Time passes, we cool down, and realize the friends we've made here far outweigh a few hurt feelings.

We come back, and wonder why we stayed away so long. I've notice quite a few of our regulars have stopped posting.

So to all of you, I say........Come on back, the waters fine.

All is forgiven, I have chocolate, ZC's, bbq, muffins and my very own specialty.......

peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Perhaps someone might PM or email Moejoe to tell him about this thread.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Flamewars are never fun. I'm sure we've all had our moments. I've gotten a few warnings from mods before (one or two on this forum - sorry guys)

When I first saw this thread, I feared the worst and thought something bad had happened to him, here's hoping that's not true.

I'm hoping that he's just happily plugging away on his stuff for Nano. And I wish he'd come back to let us know that he's okay. And I hope I didn't upset him when I told him that he weren't allowed to come play with us in the Nano. It was all in jest. He did say he would disappear for a while to get ready and during the Nano. Has anyone checked the forums over there?

So, come back
Please?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Thank you Dreams for starting this thread!

Words have been failing me for weeks, and I started one too many PM's to tell you how I miss you Moejoe! I know and respect your reasons for leaving this place, but I just don't feel they are worth depriving us of your presence!

To me you have been a source of laughter and amazement, joy, giggles and fascination, and you have made my life much more enjoyable just by being your own wise and passionate self, and I'm not even entering your story writing in the equation. I miss your charm, your lyricism, your honesty and your passion; I miss knowing you are always there with a smile, an anecdote, a musical discovery or an unusual reference; I miss, mostly, your friendship.

Could you ever find in your heart the desire to come back?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #11
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Moejoe,

Please don't come back , you write far far better than what I does and I don't need the competition at all really

Pev

(Well I have always wanted to try reverse psychology - you are missed Dude).
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 AM   #12
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hey! Moejoe - whar's you at?

I've been wondering where you were for a while.

All said above goes double for me

Like all here I miss your thoughtful, cogent and yes at times incisive posts. We have all at sometime been baited by a troll when when should have just laughed and ignored them. But also I miss your *shorts* (not the M&S ones! ) giving us something interesting to read and contemplate in those breaks of the day

- don't desert us.

Last edited by columbus; 10-23-2009 at 08:21 AM.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
MWAH!

Adding my plea to the mix. Altho I've been rather absent lately too. Hope you come back soon.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Hope you are well, and if you could let somebody know, I'm sure we'd all be relieved.
I got the impression Moejoe's last post indicated he may not be around much for a while:

"It's time to walk away and start all over again."
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  ditto-1.gif
Views: 404
Size:  958 BytesName:  ditto-1.gif
Size:  958 BytesName:  ditto-1.gif
Size:  958 Bytes

What they said.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hugs12.gif
Views:	151