Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
thirstylizard
thirstylizard began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Talking Another novice just join this forum

hello folks,

Nice to be here. I stumple upon this forum and found this interesting and hopefully useful as there are so many gurus here. I have been an ebook readers for many years using pocket pc phone, PC, laptop, netbook, and now mainly my iphone. Since Amazon is about to release the kindle internationally, this allows me to pre-order one and look forward to use it outside US. My home is Sydney, Australia but I work in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately, I am reading more and more bad press about the international version of kindle that we are going to pay 40% extra for the same book in US. So I still have not make up my mind whether I will cancel the order and wait for more competitors' product to come to the market.

Look forward to getting valuable advice from fellow members here, on the use of hardware, software and other valuable experience on ebook reading here.
thirstylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi thirstylizard and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Lizard. Do think carefully about the restrictions and ongoing costs of Kindle in HK and Oz before opting for that particular reader. If you want a dedicated ebook reader, you might do well to consider some fine alternatives that aren't as firmly padlocked as Kindle is. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Welcome Lizard!

You might want to check out the EcoReader too - it's an Australia-based rebadging of a - Hanlin V3? The Hanlin V5 is available in Australia too.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
thirstylizard
thirstylizard began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Welcome Lizard!

You might want to check out the EcoReader too - it's an Australia-based rebadging of a - Hanlin V3? The Hanlin V5 is available in Australia too.
thank you all, as a matter of fact, I canceled my order for Kindle and try to get my hands on a Hanlin based reader. Really appreciate your advice
thirstylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello thirstylizard, and Name:  purple2.bmp
Views: 274
Size:  24.9 KB to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote