Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
nikev
Connoisseur
nikev began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Authorizing for Adobe DRM on a Mac

Hi,

I have checked out some ePub books from my public library and would like to read them on my 505 reader. However, it seems that it's not possible to authorize my reader for the Adobe DRM: Adobe Digital Editions does not recognize the Sony Reader on the Mac (as per Adobe support) and the Sony eBook software offers to authorize the reader with my Adobe ID when i try to transfer a protected book, it does not seem to succeed (reports an error every time it tries to run).

Is there some work around for this?

Thanks in advance,

Nike
nikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
mfusion
mfusion began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-600
Cannot Load more than one library book DRM ePUB on device

I have similar problem - on ebook library and AdobeDig can view the ePUBs but when it transfers to my touch, I can only open one, the other says "protected page".
I have reformatted my memory. Redownloaded the library ebooks, restarted computer etc.
Please advise on how to resolve ; thanks very much
mfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Ignore the Sony software - its really just there for the drivers. Unless you want collections, it is more fuss than it's worth.

Have you created an Adobe ID? If so, authorise directly from ADE with this ID and all your library books should work for the designated period.

ADE might not have all the bells and whistles the Sony software claims to have, but given half the features don't work sometimes, in terms of just downloading library books and moving to the device, ADE is fine.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
nikev
Connoisseur
nikev began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
ADE authorization

Unfotunately, it is not possible to use ADE directly on a Mac, as it doesn't see the reader. Adobe is aware of this: their support site says they don't support the Sony readers on a Mac.

This protected page thing turns out to be weird and quite common: see for instance

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/452050
nikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Go to Finder, drag and drop both Adobe Digital Editions and Sony Library to the Trash. Empty Trash.

Grab some caffeine.

Download Adobe Digital Editions again. Then download Sony's Ebook Library.
Enter Finder, drag and drop Adobe Digital Editions to the Trash and then Empty Trash.
Ebook Library should now recognise your reader and function correctly.

I didn't believe it either, but went through the above routine with one of the Sony helpers last week, it worked.
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert