Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
khawar
khawar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Urgent: Need help with iPhone application (game development) and facing problems

Hi guys,
I am working on an iPhone application (game) and facing problems while retrieving images from file-system.
The scenario of my application is such that an Administrator uploads many images for different levels of game through a web-based admin panel. The images are saved on file system. The related information of images are saved in the database, including the level_id, image_path, image_name, image_id, etc. The admin panel is developed on PHP and MySQL.
To use the database fields on iPhone, I have made the XML of complete database. In the XML I am reading the images using a PHP function ‘file_get_contents’. And encode the images using another PHP function ‘base64_encode’, so that the images do not destroy the XML. I am also getting this XML successfully on iPhone level.
The problem starts when I try to read the ‘image field’ of XML on iPhone. I can read all fields of XML except the image field because it is encoded in 'base64_encode'
khawar is offline   Reply With Quote