Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
jojo81
jojo81 began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
well i ordered it...

finally got around to ordering the ezreader. wanted to take advantage of the discount price even though i was slightly dubious about the international returns policy having had no response to my queries. ad a message from RobertB which was good but still not exactly what i asked lol but thanks anyway. i'm hoping i don't have to return it but it's a relief to know i can if i need to. i don't have a problem paying costs but wonder why if it's costing more than quoted to ship internationally they don't charge to cover costs. i personally wouldn't mind paying the extra for a quality product and it seems a shame that they will lose a large proportion of buyers if they have to stop shipping internationally and obviously a shame for those who will lose out on buying.

BTW does anyone have any advice on the reader for me. it's my first ebook reader so am v interested
jojo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
congrats for joining us .... about the international returns, it's supposed to be refunded to you if it has a paint problem, otherwise you have to pay for it ( maybe both ways)....
what kind of advice you are looking for with regards to the reader?

edit: Remember there are tons of free (legal) ebooks.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo81 View Post
i was slightly dubious about the international returns policy having had no response to my queries.
Had to RMA my unit due to paint wrinkling. Been advised in my RMA letter from Astak that they will reimburse me for the international postage to ship the unit to US.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
jojo81
jojo81 began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
hi
thanks. ive ordered the white so as far as i could tell noones had a problem withe the paint. even if it did i wouldnt have a problem paying return shipping if necessary. im looking for any views ppl have on formats, troubleshooting ideas and such. seems like a lot of ppl have lots of ideas of best firmwares and things but have no clue about any of that as ive never owned a reader before
jojo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
USPS has what are known as "adjustments"

Quote:
finally got around to ordering the ezreader. wanted to take advantage of the discount price even though i was slightly dubious about the international returns policy having had no response to my queries. ad a message from RobertB which was good but still not exactly what i asked lol but thanks anyway. i'm hoping i don't have to return it but it's a relief to know i can if i need to. i don't have a problem paying costs but wonder why if it's costing more than quoted to ship internationally they don't charge to cover costs. i personally wouldn't mind paying the extra for a quality product and it seems a shame that they will lose a large proportion of buyers if they have to stop shipping internationally and obviously a shame for those who will lose out on buying.

BTW does anyone have any advice on the reader for me. it's my first ebook reader so am v interested
Dear JoJo:

You are going to love your Pocket PRO. Congratulations!

International shipping has what USPS calls "adjustments". This happens after the unit ships. For example, we are charged $40 for freight. We charge you exactly that amount: $40. But, when the bill comes to us it can be $44-$46.
Fuel charges and residential delivery charges and such make up the adjustment. We cannot allow for it as it is always different.

We are trying to get a handle on it!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Never owned a reader before

Quote:
hi
thanks. ive ordered the white so as far as i could tell noones had a problem withe the paint. even if it did i wouldnt have a problem paying return shipping if necessary. im looking for any views ppl have on formats, troubleshooting ideas and such. seems like a lot of ppl have lots of ideas of best firmwares and things but have no clue about any of that as ive never owned a reader before
Dear JoJo:

There are now NO problems at all with the paint. Anything going out is absolutely fine. The balck and white never had any problem as they were a different batch than the ones in colours.

I URGE you to first read the FAQ sheet on our website: www.theEZreader.com. It is crammed with tips and will help you get started.

On your computer, go online and do the free download of "Adobe Digital Editions". It has instructions in it for how to use it.

Powell's Books or Books On Board are great websites for downloading Adobe Digital Editions books in epub.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Robert B
I guess we are still on hold for the ereader upgrade. I just hope it has not been dropped

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote