Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
What is wrong with UPS?

OK. So I packed up my PEZ and shipped the unit out on Friday via UPS. Here is the tracking info so far.

PHP Code:

HARRISON
ARUS    09/25/2009     5:10 P.M.    PICKUP SCAN
   HARRISON
ARUS    09/25/2009     9:05 P.M.    DEPARTURE SCAN 
LITTLE ROCK
ARUS    09/27/2009    11:51 P.M.    ARRIVAL SCAN
LITTLE ROCK
ARUS    09/28/2009     2:57 A.M.    DEPARTURE SCAN 
     LENEXA
KSUS    09/29/2009     3:02 A.M.    ARRIVAL SCAN
     LENEXA
KSUS    09/29/2009     3:43 P.M.    DEPARTURE SCAN 
OK. So it shipped out 4 hours after drop off. Not bad.
Harrison to LR is about 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic and roads, so the time there is fine.

However, it then shot west to Ft Smith and up to Kansas City, MO area, and it took a whole 24 hours to do it? I live 4 1/2 hours from the Lenexa area!

google map of the track progress

This is painful to watch.

Last edited by griffonwing; 09-30-2009 at 09:38 AM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
HAHA I think it is postage in general. I've been tracking my USPS shipped PP to here in Australia, and it has been cleared from customs about 36 hours ago. So either (a) it has been passed onto local Australia Post and USPS tracking doesn't update frequently, or (b) a special Border Security episode is being filmed around my Pocket Pro !!!
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
OK. So I packed up my PEZ and shipped the unit out on Friday via UPS. Here is the tracking info so far.

PHP Code:

HARRISON
   HARRISON
LITTLE ROCK
LITTLE ROCK
     LENEXA
Harrison to LR is about 2 1/2 hours depending on traffic and roads, so the time there is fine.

However, it then shot west to Ft Smith and up to Kansas City, MO area, and it took a whole 24 hours to do it? I live 4 1/2 hours from the Lenexa area!

If you shipped standard then yeah, it's slow because all the company focus/efforts are on the overnight, 2-day, etc.... I've even had packages delivered while they were still listed as in transit to the destination.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If you shipped standard then yeah, it's slow because all the company focus/efforts are on the overnight, 2-day, etc.... I've even had packages delivered while they were still listed as in transit to the destination.
Slow, i can accept. Virtual backtracking is altogether different.

3 Am Tuesday morning, and we are almost where we started Friday evening. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll get shipped on board a freight plane to San Jose.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Slow, i can accept. Virtual backtracking is altogether different.

3 Am Tuesday morning, and we are almost where we started Friday evening. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll get shipped on board a freight plane to San Jose.
via Iceland of course. Or possibly Portugal.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

PHP Code:

HARRISON
   HARRISON
LITTLE ROCK
LITTLE ROCK
     LENEXA

It is like watching your luggage get lost. I think you should contact UPS. They clearly put it in the wrong truck.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Remember UPS does not work on weekends. You should check again this morning, it should have the Monday travel indicated.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have worked for UPS during peak season.
It is all about time windows. There is 2 small windows of chaos at any UPS Center. Outbound and Inbound . The rest is Delivery.
Zones = Days of ground transit.
Only certain sorting locations (hubs) get to send packages to non-sorting locations.
Those big Gray trailers (not your local, brown package car) move packages between hubs and all but the remotest "centers" once a day or to another hub.
If you are foolish enough to send a "Next Day Air" to a neighbor, the package will probably go all the way to Atlanta and back.
The USPS does similar, you just don't get tracking detailed like FedEx and UPS do.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #9
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My new Pocket Pro is on the Fedex truck and out for delivery! Yeah!!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
congratulations! Just sent mine back yesterday, so the waiting has just begun for my replacement. Gotta pace myself!

May your new PP bring you much pleasure!
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
for me ups ground almost always takes 5 days, even if the distance is short, and I am in a major citi.....
I sent mine back through USPS priority mail and it was there within 2 days.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
same here. I'll go home early and continue working from there to wait for the fedex guy to drop the package and run..... maybe I should prepare my camera to capture that
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
same here. I'll go home early and continue working from there to wait for the fedex guy to drop the package and run..... maybe I should prepare my camera to capture that
We'll be standing by for pics.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's just weird, that's all there is to it. I ordered some silver this morning (down to $16/troy ounce, so jump on it before it goes back up!). Shipping is tons of options, but to FedEx it to my office where it will be mis-delivered was $1.50 more than USPS to my house in the 'burbs. And it will arrive at home more quickly. Makes no sense.

The most recent shipment was 3 wks ago. I decided to go with the "residential" FedEx. I followed the tracking while it circled the US a couple of times, and then saw that it had been delivered and signed for by a "P. Mathewson." Who??? Took FedEx 3 days to find my package, which had been delivered to a bingo hall and signed for by a security guard there. I'm ALWAYS having trouble with them, and avoid them whenever possible. On the other hand, our UPS man is a gem, always delivers on time, even comes after hours if something needs a signature and he knows we are at work.

It also helps that his mom is one of my closest friends!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It also helps that his mom is one of my closest friends!
Always helps if you know someone in the business.....now about that silver....