Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
eyoung
eyoung began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq rx3115
Exclamation uBook.09g released

I just saw on Http://www.gowerpoint.com that there is a new version of uBook.
eyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Good catch! I still haven't tried uBook but the feature list continues to impress me.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
eyoung

I love this reader. It reads pdb, prc and html (unprotected of course). The options in this reader is unbelievable. Skins, fonts, layouts, etc. Right now I'm using the the demo version, but I'm registering this soon. This should be the model for all ebook readers.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Oh yeah, ubook is my reader of choice as well. I've been a registered user for ages now, and will never look back. Of course, it means I have to buy all my ebooks in lit format, but I can live with that...
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
XML capability in uBook

Although the web pages at gowerpoint.com don't mention it, I understand that uBook can handle an xml file.

Anyone have any information about this, or experience you can report?

Thanks,

Roger Sperberg
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, I've never used µbook to read xml, as I don't have any books or texts in that format. I've tried out all the others: plain text, html, rtf, ereader, mobipocket and pdf, which work with varying degrees of success. Perhaps you could try it out and let us know if it works!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
xdalaw
xdalaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, K1, K2, K3 wifi keyboard, EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
Oh yeah, ubook is my reader of choice as well. I've been a registered user for ages now, and will never look back. Of course, it means I have to buy all my ebooks in lit format, but I can live with that...
I love ubook, too. What do you mean when you say that you need to buy all your books in lit format? Is that because you can easily convert them with ConvertLit and read them in ubook? That's what I've been doing.
xdalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
remjax
remjax began at the beginning.

Device: toshiba E755,Zauru c1000
uBook is a great program that is getting better with each version. Now if it was only offered for the Sharp Zaurus!
remjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #9
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw
I love ubook, too. What do you mean when you say that you need to buy all your books in lit format? Is that because you can easily convert them with ConvertLit and read them in ubook? That's what I've been doing.
Yep, that's the ticket. It also means that I'll still be able to read the bokos I've bought in years to come, no matter what hardware or software I'm currently using, which is important to me as I re-read my books a LOT
Old 02-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
eyoung

That's what I do to. Hate msreader, love the .lit though.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #11
jadedboi
jadedboi began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G, iPad
I've been impressed with the latest version's ability to compile i-books out of the frames of scanned comic pages. It definitely made a excellent reader truly great, IMO.

Now if it wasn't for the DRM on stuff I've bought from ereader, I probably wouldn't read with anything else.
jadedboi is offline   Reply With Quote