Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
ppz
ppz began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
Help! Problems with collections

Only a couple of months ago I bought a PRS-700. I am quite happy about it, but I am facing serious problems, on creating collections. My aim is to store a couple of hundreds of ebooks and articles (all in .lrf format) on it, divided over several memory PRO duo 8 gb cards (Sony). Of course using collections is unavoidable. I have created collections in ebook Library or tags in Calibre and transferred smaller parts of my library to the reader. Initially it looks well, books and collections show up. But time after time, e.g. reading, or just opening the device, collections disappear. Sometimes even parts of the ebook s, are not visible. I’ve tried re-adding, formatting and resetting and so on. No results. Can somebody give me a clue? I am relatively new with eReaders.
ppz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
You might try doing a reformat that erases the reader, then starting over again. I'd also recommend using either the Sony Library or Calibre to connect to the reader, but not both. I once had to reformat a reader after I accidentally had both Calibre and the Sony software transferring to the reader at the same time.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
ppz
ppz began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
Thx, for reply. Actually I, do not use both at the same time. I tried first the ebook library, and when I saw the collections disappear I started using Calibre. With the same result. Reformatting, internal memory) seems to have no effect. Or do you mean formatting (from windows) the card as well as the storage on the reader?

Last edited by ppz; 09-18-2009 at 06:30 AM.
ppz is offline   Reply With Quote