Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Dumas, Alexandre: The Count of Monte Cristo. v2. 23rd Aug 2009

The classic adventure novel published by Alexandre Dumas in 1844.

Edmond Dantes, a dashing young sailor, is unjustly imprisoned on the eve of his wedding. Spending decades in solitary confinement at the infamous Chateau D'If prison, he eventually pulls off a daring escape and recovers a vast fortune whose location was entrusted to him by a fellow prisoner, shortly before his death.

Assuming the identity of the "Count of Monte Cristo", Dantes takes his place amongst the French aristocracy as a mysterious and fabulously wealthly nobleman. There, he plots a terrible revenge on the men responsible for his wrongful imprisonment...

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of the greatest adventure stories ever written, and is one of my personal favourite books.

If you've never read this, you're in for a treat. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do myself.

EDIT: 21 Aug 08

Completely re-created the book from a new HTML version uploaded to PG. Added a cover image, and significantly improved the book in many ways.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Count of Monte Cristo.epub (1.15 MB, 2524 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
downloading thanks!
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Merklynn
New to this Ebook milarky
Merklynn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Seen the animated series, suspect the book will have less space ships, giant mechas and demons lol
Merklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Is this the unabridged version? I'm assuming it is, but I always ask, cause I've come across enough versions that WERE abridged but didn't really say so.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is the unabridged 1846 translation commissioned by the original UK publishers of the book, Chapman and Hall. This is the version that most unabridged English editions of the book are based on.

It is, as I'm sure you know, edited from the French original. There was content in the French original which could not be published in early Victorian England.

Penguin Classics commissioned a new translation by Robin Buss in 1996, which restores the full original content. This is of course still protected by copyright.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
Bryan790
Banned
Bryan790 began at the beginning.

Device: Bryan790
Remember this quotation from the book:
"Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you: as Albert Mondego, the man!"
Bryan790 is offline   Reply With Quote