Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
moseylou
moseylou began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm doing as I'm told

and introducing myself.

I just bought a first generation Kindle, refurbished, as a "present" for my husband (i.e., I get to use it, too!). It's our first foray into the ebook world - I've been resisting, as I'm a lover of not only the words but the book form itself, but I must say that I totally enjoyed setting up the Kindle the other night so that it was up, running and with content when my husband opens it. I can obviously see its merits for taking along when traveling or commuting.

I look forward to learning from you all about using the device, accessing content without going broke, and what I should get when we outgrow this one (or, more likely, when it becomes clear that we both need our own....).

Moseylou
moseylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Welcome to MR, Moseylou There's plenty of Kindlers (is that the right word) around here to chat with, and plenty of free books to be had on MR and by MR authors.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseylou View Post

I look forward to learning from you all about using the device, accessing content without going broke, and what I should get when we outgrow this one (or, more likely, when it becomes clear that we both need our own....).

Moseylou
I give you two days!

So many books are available for free around here... So many opportunities!

Enjoy your husband's kindle, and enjoy MR!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Moseylou, welcome to MR!

Hope y'all will enjoy your Kindle as much as I'm enjoying mine.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, moseylou!

You will find these ereaders are VERY addictive. I loved the printed book, too, but don't feel I'm missing anything reading on a reader. Hope your hubby loves the gift!

Happy reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi moseylou and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseylou

HA!.....In order to maintain marital harmony you WILL be looking at getting another device. There's no need to think that you need to get the same one as a second...it's nice to have a variety. (I'd like a wireless device for my next one!)

Anyway, a big Welcome to MR!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote