Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Problem with Memory Cards on PRS- 505

Hello

I'm having recurring problems with both memory cards (SanDisk). For synching data, I'm using Sony's eBook library software (v2.5.00.09170). Basically when I add new books and try to synch the data with either of the cards, the reader sometimes suddenly stops recognizing the books or the collections. I have to delete all the data and rebuild the library again. It takes few me a goes until the reader finally recognizes the data. It all goes well until I have to update/synch the data the next time. It's a bit of a hit and miss affair.

Is anyone else facing this issue? I'd really appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheikspeare; 08-13-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I'm sure you'll get some good advice on the card storage issue , but I'll go back a step. Do you really need to use a storage card at all? The Reader will hold around 200 books or more in its internal memory. That's probably a year's worth of reading (and plenty of variety!) to carry around without any memory card. Just a thought. If you are using your Reader to read books, load up the next hundred or so books you want to read, add another hundred just in case, and no worries about memory cards. You can always back up your entire library of ebooks on other removable media if it's backup that you are concerned with.

Just sayin'.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I use a memory card because some of my books are quite large. I haven't had the problems you've experienced. I'd suggest re-formatting the card, then putting it in the Reader and seeing if you have better luck.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I recently posted a similar query in the troubleshooting section. I use the SD card to prevent using up space on my pc's hard drive, which is rapidly running out of it! Moving books onto the SD seems a better alternative to moving them to the external hard drive.

BTW, I have the same make of SD. The problem I have is that the reader crashes more with the SD installed.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have the same problem. When I upload books to sd seconds time, the reader does not recognize collection.
has anybody solved this??

thanx
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
I have the same problem. When I upload books to sd seconds time, the reader does not recognize collection.
has anybody solved this??

thanx
Are you using Sony's library software? If so, I suggest you try Calibre (found on this forum). I find it easier to use and I don't have any of the problems that seem to be found when using the Sony software.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
Are you using Sony's library software? If so, I suggest you try Calibre (found on this forum). I find it easier to use and I don't have any of the problems that seem to be found when using the Sony software.
No... .I use calibre and has thar problem
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 AM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
One thing I've learned is to leave the card in the reader rather than removing it. Putting it back in seems to upset the reader. Since learning this, I've had few problems.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote