Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Barry8416
Barry8416 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Archive eBooks

Hi Everyone:

A newbie when it comes to ebooks so please be patient.

Have been loading my Sony 700 up with ebooks and have lots of fun, love my device. However, even though I am not at that point yet, how do I remove books to a safe place on my computer to free up space on my Sony reader. And then later when I want to reread some books I can place them on the reader.

Hope you understand, and thanks for your help,
Barry
Barry8416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Do your ebooks have DRM on them?

If they don't have DRM it is very easy. The Sony acts just like a portable hard drive.

1) Plug the Sony into your pc or MAc
2) Copy the files to a folder on your PC or Mac

When you are ready to read the ebooks you can simply move them from the PC folder to the Sony ereader by copying them back again.

If you want to manage the ebooks, you could also download a free program called Calibre, http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download. This program is great for managing ebooks metadata and sending them to your device. It can also download newstreams for your device.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
How are you loading books on to your reader? If you're using either the Sony Software or Calibre, when you transfer a copy of your book to the reader, there should still be a copy kept on your computer. So you shouldn't have to worry about copying books back over.

Now, if you're using the sync function of the Sony Software, I'm not sure what happens when you delete a book from your reader--don't know if this will also delete it from your library or not. (Hopefully someone who uses the sync function of the Sony software can clarify this.)

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote