Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
kim-
kim- began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
latest build for OSX does not recognize Kindle

Running Calibre on both Windows and OSX. On my mac the kindle is never recognized as a device with calibre. It works perfectly on the pc.

Any ideas?
kim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In Terminal.app run

calibre-debug -d

with your Kindle connected and post the output
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
kim-

Cheers will run this in a few hours when I'm back home and post the output.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
kim-

have tried to run that in terminal and get command not recognized
is there a specific folder i have to be in to run this?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

/usr/bin/calibre-debug -d
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
kim-

same thing...command not found.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
can you put up a print screen of your terminal so we can see what you are doing?

Also, have you run the application and put in your password when it prompted for it the first time your ran calibre?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
kim-

yes i've done that
i've tried opening a new terminal window and typing the command,nothing
if i ls the bin folder i see the calibre-debug there but it won't run for some reason
Old 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
maybe you need to enter it as calibre -debug
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim- View Post
yes i've done that
i've tried opening a new terminal window and typing the command,nothing
if i ls the bin folder i see the calibre-debug there but it won't run for some reason
If you are in the folder where it exists and that folder is not in the path you have to run it like:

./calibre-debug

But, the folder that link is in should be in your path. Perhaps it is not for some reason.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
kim-

neither works

bin kim$ calibre-debug -d
-bash: calibre-debug: command not found
Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ls -l /usr/bin/calibre-debug
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #13
kim-

kim$ ls -l /usr/bin/calibre-debug
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 75 Aug 3 19:13 /usr/bin/calibre-debug -> /Volumes/calibre-0.6.5/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/calibre-debug
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And does this file exist?

Code:
ls -l /Volumes/calibre-0.6.5/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/calibre-debug
Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
kim-

yes it does