Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
mjmcleod
Connoisseur
mjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to behold

Device: Galaxy Tab
Opus crashes?

Has anyone else with an Opus had it crash on them yet? Tonight it got into a bit of a snit, the ePub reader crashed returning me to the library view and all attempts to continue reading that book failed with the same result -- the blue light comes on for a few seconds, then crash, and back to the library.

Powering the unit off and then back on again then opening the book returned me to where I'd started on this reading session, paging back to where it'd crashed it seems to be OK. So far.

There doesn't seem to be anything special about the text where it crashed.
mjmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcleod View Post
Has anyone else with an Opus had it crash on them yet? Tonight it got into a bit of a snit, the ePub reader crashed returning me to the library view and all attempts to continue reading that book failed with the same result -- the blue light comes on for a few seconds, then crash, and back to the library.

Powering the unit off and then back on again then opening the book returned me to where I'd started on this reading session, paging back to where it'd crashed it seems to be OK. So far.

There doesn't seem to be anything special about the text where it crashed.
I very often have problems, when connecting to Adobe Digital Editions.
After discussion in this forum and directly with Bookeen, I understand, ADE won't show the SD card. So, connecting to ADE has lost its advantage anyway.
This drastically helped improve stability.
In general I experience problems mainly concerning SD card.
My feeling: 1GB and 2GB are stable, with 8 GB it's getting less stable.
Using the card, after manually having copied my books via USB adapter, is okay. But as soon as I connect to the PC or even ADE: Hello coffee break.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yup. Cybook firmware is a bit buggy.

I think we should use this tread for bug report, as it seams bookeen read these forums

I had a few crash while reading e-pub. I try turning page, and noting happens. No light. No button does anything.

Page numbers displayed on the left are annoying. And if no marging are set, are displayed above the text.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yup. Cybook firmware is a bit buggy.
It seems the Opus version is numbered 1.9? So it seems it's not the final firmware (2.0)
Quote:
I had a few crash while reading e-pub. I try turning page, and noting happens. No light. No button does anything.
Yes I have this some times on my Gen3 (400Mhz). Sounds like a 400Mhz problem since I never seen such problem with 200Mhz units

Quote:
Page numbers displayed on the left are annoying. And if no marging are set, are displayed above the text.
This is another ADE annoying "bug"... It's the same thing under ADE, I suspect that Bookeen have not the right, or are unable to disable this...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Bummer! I thought HarryT had said the Opus didn't have the page numbers in the margin
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Bummer! I thought HarryT had said the Opus didn't have the page numbers in the margin
It would not be ADE if it did not have the page numbers off to the right.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It depends on the book... If the book have hardcoded page numbers they will appear in the margin. That what I found by little exploration
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
I read 2 books on my Opus over the weekend. The 1st one was a txt file about 300 pages long. I read it in one sitting and it crashed twice, somewhere around page 75 and then again on page 225. The light did not turn on and pressing any of forward/back buttons didn't work. Had to do a reset by holding down the power button and the back page button.

For the 2nd book, it was in ePub and it crashed around page 100, and then again on page 190. I got annoyed because after the restart on p190, it crashed again on p199.

On both books, I was just reading (I wasn't in the library or changing settings). I think my crashes are happening when I read for a long time, like 2+ hours.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
It depends on the book... If the book have hardcoded page numbers they will appear in the margin. That what I found by little exploration
Ah! that's why i though some books didn't had numbers ! I wasn't crazy !
Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Yes I have this some times on my Gen3 (400Mhz). Sounds like a 400Mhz problem since I never seen such problem with 200Mhz units
Yeah, my 200Mhz cybook never did that for sure. Anoying as it forces a reset.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-06-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #11
Nina182B
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina182B View Post
I think my crashes are happening when I read for a long time, like 2+ hours.
I take that back. My Opus froze 4 times after my last post, and on all occassions it was during short periods of reading. One time it even froze right about I turned it on. I wrote an e-mail to support about it.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

Ok, yet an other bug.
I had a messy ePub. (7Mg is too big i think ).
Trouble is, the opus tried to generate the thumbnail, and fail. The folder where the ePub was became totally inaccessible, as the opus showed the loading screen for a while, then when back to previous folder.

Freezing while reading still say first on the list of annoying bugs. My opus seam to have calmed down though.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
Nina182B
Connoisseur

Bookeen support e-mailed me back and said they are going to look into why my Opus was freezing. Asked me for more details like how long Opus was on before it crashed, what kind of files, how big were the files. Also asked me if I had the Auto Power Off de-activated or not (I had it de-activated all the time). So now I'm going to wait and see if it freezes with the Auto Power Off is activated. Maybe that will make a difference.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
Godzil

Quote:
Ok, yet an other bug.
I had a messy ePub. (7Mg is too big i think ).
Trouble is, the opus tried to generate the thumbnail, and fail. The folder where the ePub was became totally inaccessible, as the opus showed the loading screen for a while, then when back to previous folder.

Freezing while reading still say first on the list of annoying bugs. My opus seam to have calmed down though.
i load more larger epub than 7 mo on ade and when trying the opus. Your one may have problem. You should contact Bookeen about this. Even if there is an epub version for some month now on the gen3 the code must be young so there should remain some hard to find bug...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #15
EowynCarter
Wizard

Ah, good idea, i'll try with ADE. My guess is that the original .mobi was a mess and calibre did some weirdness.