Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Skins

Hi! I just got my K2 today and I think I'm already in love - my bebook is jealous. I'm waiting for my cover to ship, but I was curious about the skins. I've used decalgirl before for my iPod and had no problems. I was just curious if anyone has used them for the kindle. Also I read about Istyles.com has covers with matching screensavers. Would that really be necessary?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have the decalgirl skins on all of my Kindles - I have the all black ones - which seem to increase the contrast of the screen.

Check out the Kindle Accessories forum for more threads on skins.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Yes, decalgirl does have a ton of skins for all Kindles.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I have used skins from skinit and decalgirl. I recommend decalgirl skins they're easier to apply. Neither are difficult though if you follow the directions. As of yet there aren't any screensavers/skin combos for the kindle 2. I have contacted decalgirl and was given a canned ham response of "when the kindle 2 supports custom wallpapers we will contact you".

Last edited by demoric; 07-14-2009 at 09:22 AM.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Thanks everyone! Now the really hard choice.... which one(s) to buy!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankgirl View Post
Thanks everyone! Now the really hard choice.... which one(s) to buy!
They say a dark skin improves the contrast of the screen. I have the DecalGirl carbon on both my DX and the wife's K2, and I like it.

One thing, though. They say you can remove and re-apply them, but they stretch out when you do that, and I really wouldn't recommend it. Nevertheless, they do a good job. Much better than letting that white plastic get all smudged up.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I too would recommend a dark skin, it makes the screen seem easier to read.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Woh I hadn't even considered a skin before then this thread got me thinking of one.
Some of the skins are incredible!

eg.
http://www.istyles.com/abduction-ama...n-p-15106.html
http://ireaderreview.com/2009/03/13/...lize-kindle-2/
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
I ordered my first K2 skin from iStyles and it came from DecalGirl.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote