Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Cheap case and Skin from Amazon UK

In my continual quest to find a silicon skin that I can put my PRS505 into, and then that into a case, I came across two items on Amazon UK. Links below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

I have ordered them and I shall post a review or pics when they arrive in a week or two.

I like the look of the silicon skin as it all likes quite well covered, but it actualy has cut outs on the spine/hinge area suggesting it will fit nicely in a normal case, also the power button is not covered (like it was in the proporta one) meaning it should be much easier to turn on and off.

Ultimatly I am hoping that the reader will fit in the skin, and then in the case, but we shall see.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I'll be interested to hear what you think of the silicone skin, and whether the reader still fits in the case.

The leather case looks very similar to my tuff-luv case, except that it's hinged at the side so if the skin works with your case it may work with my tuff-luv case. However I'd like the skin partly because I don't always want my reader in the case
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
In my continual quest to find a silicon skin that I can put my PRS505 into, and then that into a case, I came across two items on Amazon UK. Links below

I have ordered them and I shall post a review or pics when they arrive in a week or two.

I like the look of the silicon skin as it all likes quite well covered, but it actualy has cut outs on the spine/hinge area suggesting it will fit nicely in a normal case, also the power button is not covered (like it was in the proporta one) meaning it should be much easier to turn on and off.

Ultimatly I am hoping that the reader will fit in the skin, and then in the case, but we shall see.
Thanks for posting the links. I really like the look of the case and I've just ordered one.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
It will be interesting to see if the Reader fits in the case with the silicon sleeve on. Usually those cases fit *very* tightly. And silicon vs. leather is not likely to slide very easily...

That said, that's a really nice looking case. All the good features of the Tuff Luv, but without the easel configuration.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #5
starbuck
starbuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader P505
Have you received them yet and does the silicone skin fit in the leather case?
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Have you received them yet and does the silicone skin fit in the leather case?
I bought the case and am very pleased with it. It looks good and is a bargain at £9.99 with free postage. It is a tight fit so I really doubt you could get the silicone skin on as well.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #7
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Just back from holiday, and my two cases have arrived.

First impressions :

1. Silicon Skin : Very nice, feels a good strong material, it has the minimal amount of cut outs so the only like accesible is the usb, headphone and power socket at the bottom, Power switch at the top, And both the spine attachments are accesible so you can easily put the reader with the skin on in one of the stock cases, although not the tri fold case as it makes the reader to bulky.

2. Leather case : nice feel to it, seems like it has good padding. One maor problem though is that the reader slots in at the top, this actualy means that if you hold it upside down, and shake the case, the reader pops out. This to me seems very bizarre.

3. Silicon case in the leather case : Well it fits, and it solves the problem of the reader falling out of the leather case as its nice and snug. The leather case does look like its bulging a bit, bit I am going to try and see how it goes.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I bought the silicone skin and it's great (although it doesn't fit into my tuff-luv case while the skin is on). Thanks for pointing these out.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
ruth1304
Addict

Well, I've bought the silicone skin. It doesn't fit in my tuff-luv case with the skin on (which I thought was unlikely anyway) but it does fit in the standard cover. Plus the skin comes with a screen protector, which I wasn't expecting. It fits well and I'm pleased with it.