Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Bowhuntxx78
Readoholic
Bowhuntxx78 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS - 505, Kindle DX
Fahrenheit 451 for my 505

I would love to read Fahrenheit 451 on my 505 but the only copy i can find to buy is on the Sony site and they want $45 .... Is there some place that sells this book at a reasonable price that i am missing?
Bowhuntxx78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
edit.........audio version.

I always get confused about the format sony takes tho.......

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-12-2009 at 10:08 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
How about $9.95?

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=132926

dg, (Happy almost Birthday!) I just tried that one and clicked Buy Now. It came up audio... I couldn't find the ebook, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Bowhuntxx78
Readoholic

Quote:
How about $9.95?

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=132926

Yes Maam just tried it and i believe dreams is correct it is audio.... But, almost Happy Birthday as well
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
dg, (Happy almost Birthday!) I just tried that one and clicked Buy Now. It came up audio... I couldn't find the ebook, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.
Darn. Thats what I get for being too quick to click. Sorry.
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Well at least the $45 one is more than just a book, it looks like a textbook actually. I wonder if that's how they got around the ebook rights? Hrmm.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I can't find it in my library, or on Amazon for the K.

I'm thinking it isn't available generally?

Cliff notes are out there.......but few of his books are.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
I can't find it in my library, or on Amazon for the K.

I'm thinking it isn't available generally?

Cliff notes are out there.......but few of his books are.

I'm thinking no. I think they got around it since it's repackaged as criticism.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Bowhuntxx78
Readoholic

Would love to read it..... Just may have bite the bullet, do the dead tree trick and get it in paperback....
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntxx78 View Post
Would love to read it..... Just may have bite the bullet, do the dead tree trick and get it in paperback....
You have not read it?

If you must get it in p-format.......go to a used book store. They'll have tons of copies.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #11
Bowhuntxx78
Readoholic

No Maam i have not read it yet.... Sad thing is it took me 48 years to find reading and now I am absolutly hooked. Since November 2008 i guess i have read maybe 30 books.... Wish i would have saved some retention brain cells now
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhuntxx78 View Post
No Maam i have not read it yet.... Sad thing is it took me 48 years to find reading and now I am absolutly hooked. Since November 2008 i guess i have read maybe 30 books.... Wish i would have saved some retention brain cells now
Did you know..........reading actually rejuvenates brains cells? True! You read, you learn, bingo! New brain cells!

Since you have the Sony, have you looked at your library's ebook selection?

Basically, you download books, and they 'close' at the end of the loan period. No muss no fuss.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
A quick search on google reveals that only not so kosher versions are available so its looks like a p-book version , audio version or sony's $45 version.
Wonder why there's not a $1.99 classic available ?
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
A quick search on google reveals that only not so kosher versions are available so its looks like a p-book version , audio version or sony's $45 version.
Wonder why there's not a $1.99 classic available ?
What do you mean by "classic"? It's still a book that is very much in copyright.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you mean by "classic"? It's still a book that is very much in copyright.
I guess I was being polite by calling it a classic rather than a cheapo old book considering it was written in 1953.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote