Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Google Wave

You may have already seen this, but if you haven't, this is Google's upcoming product that's set to revolutionise the way we think about and use the web. My favourite is the 'real-time' translation word-by-word, and then in context from one language to another. Also the amazing spellchecker.

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sign me up today!

I have been using email since 1975 on the old DECnet system and it has not changed a lot in the past 30+ years. Sure there are fancy fonts and HTML replacing the old character based interface, but then again in the old days we only had 110 and 300 baud dial-up lines with thermal terminals on our side.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I am still trying to get an invite

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I now have 20 invites for Google Wave. Leave your name here and PM me so I can keep track (no email addresses in the post please)
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'd love one !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'd love one !
Done! Not sure how it works yet, it says 'I've nominated you' rather than 'Invited', and I'm not sure if a gmail email address is needed, but I'd say for anybody who wants an invite a gmail address might be worth using for all this.

19 to go
Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you moejoe ! i hope my "nomination" is one of the "chosen".
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #8
kaar
kaar began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One
I'd love one too!!! Always interested in seeing/trying new things
kaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
I'd like one if you still have them!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Moejoe, are they just looking for developers or people to beta test the product? I would love to "fiddle" with it (since I don't work, I would definitely have the time) but am completely out of the IT arena. If the invitation is for fiddling, please include me.
Thanks,
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I would appreciate an invitation. Many thanks.

Ken
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Moejoe,

As I am currently working on a lot of Android developement I would be most interested to have a look at this and see where it fits with mobile data delivery and the like.

Cheers

Pev
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkit View Post
I'd like one if you still have them!
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Moejoe, are they just looking for developers or people to beta test the product? I would love to "fiddle" with it (since I don't work, I would definitely have the time) but am completely out of the IT arena. If the invitation is for fiddling, please include me.
Thanks,
It's just beta testing, no developing skills needed, at least none they've made me aware of. You do need a gmail email address though. So PM me with a gmail address you'ld like to use and I'll gladly add you to the invite list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
I would appreciate an invitation. Many thanks.

Ken
I'll need a gmail address Kenmark for me to add you. PM me with one and I'll gladly add you to the invite list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaar View Post
I'd love one too!!! Always interested in seeing/trying new things
Added you to the invite list

For those curious, this is the 'wave window' for the invites

Old 10-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Moejoe,

As I am currently working on a lot of Android developement I would be most interested to have a look at this and see where it fits with mobile data delivery and the like.

Cheers

Pev
Added
Old 10-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Oooo! Oooo! Pick me! Pick me!
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote