Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
lcypbj
lcypbj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook Reader Comparison Website

Hello.

I have created a simple ebook reader comparison website http://www.myebookreaderreview.com

The goal of this website is to create a sortable comparison matrix of all the latest readers as well as to compile a list of reviews for each respective reader.

I have also created a page listing the upcoming readers that are expected to hit the market.

I hoped i have covered all the readers and that the website would be useful for you guys in reviewing the readers.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the website or feel free to let me know of any reviews that you might have come across .

Thanks so much!
YJ
lcypbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6

1. Shouldn't the Kindle DX be in the "Forthcoming" section, rather than the "Devices currently on the market"?

2. Why do you only list US prices. Don't you think that the other 95% of the world's population are interested in what it will cost them? .

3. You've missed off the Hanlin V3.

4. Does the "iRex Digital Reader" refer to the DR1000 or the DR1000S? Perhaps you should list both?

5. Why do you list sizes and weights in archaic units? Most people want to know size in cm and weight in grams!

These are minor points - it's a very nice site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple more points:

1. The Cooler has a resolution of 800x600, the same as all the other 6" devices.

2. You are inconsistent in your display of resolution - on some devices you're displaying width x height, on others, height x width.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

4. Does the "iRex Digital Reader" refer to the DR1000 or the DR1000S? Perhaps you should list both?

These are minor points - it's a very nice site.
I think he put DR1000SW because it said about Wifi and Bluetooth

also
Fujitsu FLEPia uses its own technology not "Color E-Ink"
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
lcypbj

Thanks Harry,

I have fixed the point on resolution and added that of Cool-Er... Thanks for the tip on the metrics and currency, i will be adding that in very soon. And of course.. Hanlin V3 as well.. thanks again

YJ
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
lcypbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
I think he put DR1000SW because it said about Wifi and Bluetooth

also
Fujitsu FLEPia uses its own technology not "Color E-Ink"
Yes.. its DR1000SW .. thanks for pointing that out... i have changed it on the website.

You are right on FLEPia, Fujitsu is using their own technology although some people do refer it to simply as colour e-ink.. i have changed the term to "proprietary color e-paper" though.. thats what they refer it as officially. thanks!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
5. Why do you list sizes and weights in archaic units? Most people want to know size in cm and weight in grams!
HarryT,
While you may primarily use the metric system, few in the US do, so characterizing the sizes in inches and weights in ounces as 'archaic' is incorrect. Archaic refers to systems that are no longer in ordinary use, and obviously inches and ounces are very commonly used.

I find metric measurements as useless as you find our standards, so listing both would be the most beneficial solution in my opinion.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
HarryT,
While you may primarily use the metric system, few in the US do, so characterizing the sizes in inches and weights in ounces as 'archaic' is incorrect. Archaic refers to systems that are no longer in ordinary use, and obviously inches and ounces are very commonly used.

I find metric measurements as useless as you find our standards, so listing both would be the most beneficial solution in my opinion.
The USA has been "officially" metric since the Mendenhall Order of 1893 .
Old 06-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
For me its not whether one measurement is archaic or not. But the metric system is a lot easier to use. Though not a problem with these devices, using non-metric measurement can cause confusion as fluid measurements in America and Britain are different (American gallons are smaller as are their pints )

Oh and before I forget. Britain uses both imperial and metric.
If you do use metric Icypbj don't use cm but mm as it is the standard when showing measurements on plans
cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

1. Shouldn't the Kindle DX be in the "Forthcoming" section, rather than the "Devices currently on the market"?
Considering you can go to Amazon and order it right now, I would say that it IS on the market. Also that they start shipping June 10th which is 9 days away.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Maybe, however, apparently no one ever told us........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
And if you believe we comply with that "official" directive, I have 30,000 gallons of land just east of Miami I'm willing to sell you at a steep discount.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote