Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Poet Challenge! New Poems Only!

OK, Instead of a thread where you post poems youve written in the past, this thread will be about challenge the poet in all of us, and creating new poems. This will help keep our minds sharp.

Here are the rules.

Someone posts a comment requesting a poem subject, as well as stating parameters that the poem must follow: For example, you can request a poem about a rabbit, freeverse, that must include the phrase "bouncy bouncy bouncy"
  1. The poem must also be a new poem written solely for this thread, not a past work
  2. The poem MUST adhere to those standards set by the requester.

I'll start off.

I request a poem about a bottle. Any kind of bottle.
Must be rhyme scheme ABABCC. Any meter.
No particular phase or word(s) used.

Last edited by griffonwing; 05-28-2009 at 12:40 PM.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Cheek,
My last few are 'new'

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sexy, curvy, and sleek,
with a golden atomizer.
A scent, a touch, a peek,
a misty fantasizer.
Come into my bedroom,
whispers bottled French perfume.

Last edited by DixieGal; 05-28-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I thought of a whisper instead of a tease.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*contacts priceline for cheap, fast airfair to AL*
Old 05-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
*contacts priceline for cheap, fast airfair to AL*
UH Oh! Mothers, hide your daughters!
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I like your choices of wording. 3 colourful adverbs, mirrored by 3 nouns.
I like the images that it brings to mind. Very sultry, almost decadent.

I, myself, do not wear or have any cologne. I normally wear one of 2 essence oils. Either Dragon's Blood or Frankincense.

Love the poem!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!

Now show me yours! Where is your poem about a bottle?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I was the requestor, lil dixiegal. why don't you put up a request?

But I shall go ahead. Here goes.

I pop a cork of my dear bottled grog.
And feel it start to burn.
I swallow more, mouth gaping as a frog.
The sky begins to turn.
Too much rum can make you sick.
That what me mum has told me *hic*
Old 05-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #9
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll leave you two love-birds singing songs to one-another .....
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'll leave you two love-birds singing songs to one-another .....
Awww, we gots ta have more then 2 people writing here. We must haves MORE!

Unless you were requesting a poem about 2 love birds....
Old 05-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

I request a poem about earthquakes from Geoffc.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I request a poem about earthquakes from Geoffc.

another one ? - Okay , give me a while...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Awww, we gots ta have more then 2 people writing here. We must haves MORE!

Unless you were requesting a poem about 2 love birds....

the bottle request is in the pipeline- never fear.....
Old 05-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

OK, I'll give you an hour *evil grin*
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

I'll give you an hour
and an evil grin.
I'll give you my flower
in an afternoon's spin.
As we while away the hours
making love amongst the flowers.

I'll give you an hour
and an evil grin.
I'll give you the power
to start things again.
As we while away the hours
making love amongst the flowers.

Now someone do one about coffee, but it can not be the drink.

Last edited by DixieGal; 05-29-2009 at 10:23 AM.