Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
PDX-Michael
PDX-Michael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Smile Finally Registered and Official

Well, I just registered but I have been reading the forum for some time.
I have a Sony PRS-700 which I haul about everywhere I go.
I am located in Oregon, USA.

(Did I answer all the questions?)
PDX-Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-Michael View Post

Welcome to MobileRead, Michael.

What do you like to read? Have you downloaded any of the free books available here?

Always, the questions!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome, welcome! We're glad you've joined us here at MobileRead.

How do you like your Sony? Is there a particular type of book that you like to read? Have you bought books any place other than the Sony store?

As DG said, we've got questions -- but it's just to get to know you better. Now that you've broken the ice, jump right into any of the discussions or even start your own.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #4
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:

Welcome and congrats on your 700! I had a hard time deciding between the Kindle, 505 and 700 - and honestly I may have gone with the 700, but the store didn't have any in stock. I'm am very happy with what I bought as it seems to work perfectly for me.

Did you take a long time to decide on your 700? Is this your first?
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Michael and welcome to MobileRead. Enjoy your toy!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:

What's the PDX for? That's my only remaining question!

Welcome to the forum! Oregon's a great state- in which part do you reside? (whoops, guess I lied, I had two questions..>)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
PDX-Michael
PDX-Michael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Wow, lots of questions...
I narrowed my list down to the Sony PRS-700 and the Kindle. The two deciding factors were Sony's touch screen and Kindle locking me to Amazon (I have nothing against Amazon).

I like to read mysteries and historical fiction.

And, the PDX in my username is the airport code for Portland, Oregon.

I'm thrilled to have a forum like this to take part in!
PDX-Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Hello Michael and welcome to MobileRead.

I like my Sony PRS-700. I've got so many books in my eBook Library I don't know when I'll find the time to read them all.

The MobileRead Wiki, accessible at the top of each page, can direct you to bookstores, libraries and all other kinds of great information.

Lots of public domain books here at MobileRead that have been carefully crafted by our members for you to download also.

I live just a *bit* up the coast from you.

YVR-WetDogEared
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote