Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Smile Registering a Used 505 Reader

Hi folks!

After seeing me use my reader all the time, my wife wants one.

I am purchasing a used reader for my wife. I want to share the books I purchased from the Sony book store with the new reader.

The new reader is registered to the original owner since it is used. How do I transfer the registration to my account? I do not care about any of the books the previous owner purchased. In fact, I would love to just do a complete wipe and reset of the used unit.

TIA for all the help.

Uncle Eric
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I believe you need to contact Sony Customer Services who can deauthorize it for you. There is some discussion about used 505's in this thread --

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=register
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Also, if you want to share books, you'll want to register hers on your account.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Or you could ask the owner to deauthorize it for you before you buy it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I recently purchased a used 505 for my girlfriend.

I was able to connect it to the Sony software and somewhere in the software settings, deauthorize the reader. Disconnect then reconnect reader and authorize to your current account.

If both readers are authorized to the same account you will be able to share Sony purchased books between devices.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
I was able to find the deauthorization settings.

It requires you to log into the Sony bookstore, go to your account and then manage your devices.

FWIW

Uncle Eric
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
southpawflies
southpawflies began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
This link brings up a Sony tutorial on how to deauthorize your ebook reader:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...05&region_id=1

Go down to the next to last sentence. Left click on the link and the tutorial opens in a new window for you. FWIW, Southpawflies
southpawflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
southpawflies
southpawflies began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
This link brings up a Sony tutorial on how to deauthorize your ebook reader:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...05&region_id=1

Go down to the next to last sentence. Left click on the link and the tutorial opens in a new window for you. FWIW, Southpawflies
southpawflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
I think that as that reader is registered to someone else's account you can only de register it on line from the account it is registered with.

This has been discussed elsewhere. Have a look at this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43858

Post #5 may help you
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote